broke my Plateau :-DDDD

Options
Hey guys

This is my 1st ever post on here but I just wanted to say that upping the calories does work!! I lost 9 pounds quite quickly sticking to 1200 calories a day and not eating exercise cals back but I have been at a plateau for a month now so I knew I had to do something about it.
On Monday just past I upped my calories to 1400-1500 and when I weighed myself today I have lost a pound!!! So it def does work :-) I have also started drinking even more water so dont know if this contributed or not.
I have 10 days till my holiday so hoping to drop another 2 pounds by then. would have loved to get down to my target for my holiday but cause of the month plateau it isnt going to happen now :-( wish I had upped my calories sooner!!!

Replies

• Spence_
    Spence_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Great news, well done! Wish more people could see the light :P
  • cathrynb1
    Options
    Awesome! Well done!
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Well done! Hoping to do the same!
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    That's great! It worked for me too- I had lost 35lbs eating low calories, then plateaued for a month, increased my calories and started losing again.

Enjoy your holiday:)
  • Chrissieneave
    Chrissieneave Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Well done - its a fantastic feeling to lose again after hitting a plateau :D

I got out of mine by zizagging my calories, but I also started to do Jillian Michaels workouts, too.

As an above poster said: I wish more people would realize this; eating more def works :)
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    that is awesome. because i have trouble losing weight and have issues with the left side of my body that i can't do even moderate walking sometimes i am trying to alternate calories. low medium and high .. it's working so far slowly but working. great that you broke your plateau
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Well that is great news and gives some positive hope to others who have hit a plateau. Strange how people still think the only way to lose weight is to starve :ohwell:
  • naomisimpson247
    Options
    Are you eating your calories back after exercise on 1,400 / 500 calories a day? Well done by the way. :-)
  • kaz261280
    kaz261280 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    naomi

well MFP says I should eat 1200 which I was doing but I burn about 400-500 per day with exercise so really I was only eating 700-800, it worked for 1st 5 weeks and I lost 10 pounds but then i hit a plateau for 4 weeks so i upped to 1400 and I have lost 1 pound, but i'm still burning 400-500 per day so really still only netting 900-1000 so i should really up it again. I am going to see how I get on for rest of the week before I decide whether to up it again.

:-)
  • idziak04
    idziak04 Posts: 69
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss!!

Amy