GGGGRRRRR SCALE!!!

Options
Ok, ok I try and tell myself not to pay too much attention to the scale and focus on how I feel. But I'm still upset that 2 weeks in a row I haven't even lost 1 sticken pound! I've been eating well and under my calorie goal everyday and I exercise for 1 hr at least 4xs a week. 2x's being with a trainer. What gives?! I know muscle weighs more than fat, but shouldn't the scale go down at some point?

Replies

• j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    same here, i'm thinking it's my sodium. but i'm going to try and mix up my workouts again and hope that kickstarts me again.
    not that I gave you an answer that you wanted but at least you know you're not the only one. :frown:
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    you say eating "under " your calorie goal and working out .. its possible your not eating enough or your gaining muscle

and 1 pound of muscle and 1 pound of fat is 1 pound :)

although muscle takes up less room .. have you taken your measurements ? do your clothes fit better ?

just things to think about .. also i heard when you start building muscle, it holds onto water to help itself rebuild/heal
  • Bree1294
    Bree1294 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem actually... and believe it or not, it was due to NOT eating enough. My body was holding on to the calories I was feeding it since it didn't think I was feeding it enough. Try introducing more protein since you're working out and protect those muscles. You need the calories to convert to energy so try bumping up your food intake and take in a few more "good" calories...
  • Bree1294
    Bree1294 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    PS - it did help me to boost my calories... Sorry I forgot to add that part! LOL Good Luck...
  • mrobinson0805
    Options
    The thing is I eat when I'm hungry. I won't let myself go hungry, if my body asks for food I give it. Should I still eat more if I'm not hungry?
    I also eat tons of protein. I usually go over my daily need for protein. (is that bad?)
    I'm going to talk to my trainer tonight and see what he says. I haven't done measurements so I should do that and see if I lose inches. It's still frustrating not seeing the scale go down. Maybe I do hold water, I drink 1/2 my body weight a day because I heard that's what I should do. Stupid scale!
    :smile: