Walking around the mall?

Options
I'm going to the mall today with my little sister. I don't go often, maybe 1-2 times a month if I'm lucky. We'll probably spend like 2-3 hours just walking around the place.

Would you count that as excercise or just normal daily energy use?

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'm going to guess it will be more a case of meandering from store to store & looking at stuff (maybe avg 2 mph?). I'd be inclined to think of it as normal energy use unless you're very sedentary.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I'm going to guess it will be more a case of meandering from store to store & looking at stuff (maybe avg 2 mph?). I'd be inclined to think of it as normal energy use unless you're very sedentary.

Lol that's probably true. Although with my toddler to chase after it might be a little more active. =D
  • js370
    js370 Posts: 140
    Options
    If you have your normal daily activity set to sedentary, I would count it. I would only count the time spent walking and not in the stores. Estimate that time or use a stop watch for more accuracy.
  • BMcLeodTeam
    BMcLeodTeam Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous poster, if you have yourself set to sedentary I would definitely log it. Try to time how much time you spend actually walking, as opposed to standing around in a store.
  • landorki
    landorki Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you have your normal daily activity set to sedentary, I would count it. I would only count the time spent walking and not in the stores. Estimate that time or use a stop watch for more accuracy.

this! it all depends on what your base is set at.