Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Inches lost in places I don't want to lose them!

BioGrimm
BioGrimm Posts: 15
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been working out all summer anywhere from 3 to 6 days per week. I upped my weights a few weeks ago and have seen inches lost! Yay! Unfortunately they are lost in some places I really needed them to stay. :grumble: I lost 2 inches from my chest (!), 1.5 from each arm (good), an inch from my waist (good), and 1/2 inch from each thigh (okay), but none from my hips! I would gladly trade the 2 inch loss from my chest for a 2 inch loss on my hips! :wink: Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do to remedy this? I really need my hips and thighs to start downsizing. :happy:

Replies

• DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    I need my hips to start downsizing....but I'm guessing the place you lost the inches isn't from your actual chest? More like your back? Is the ever evil bra back bulge going away?
  • BioGrimm
    Actually it is! I hadn't though of that! When I turn now I don't see that little bit of flab that always turned with me and I can see my spine now! lol I know we can't spot reduce, but it seems I am losing more from the "thinner, smaller" places than the big wopping bags in my saddles. :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    from what I have read our bodies lose fat in layers. how you put it on, is how you will take it off.

so if you are the person whose hips show the weight first...........that will be the last to leave. :ohwell:

I hate my tummy. worked so hard to get here, do the abs all the time and still with the jiggle jello. I was looking at old pix and saw that 15 yrs ago when I was 125...and just starting to look overweight, my tummy was poking out. So looks like that is going to be last.

10 more pounds to 125 and I keep working all the muscles so that when I hit that number I am strong and sculpted!

Good luck to you and keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    My love handles are tricky. When I got pregnant, they BLEW UP. They were the only place that got stretchmarks. Then I lost some weight. Now one side has a considerable more fat than the other. It's strange.
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    yeah it's just not fair the way it works. i know my boobs are getting smaller and it really chaps my hide!!!

i do want to say ......arewethereyet I LOVE your new pic!!!!!!!! it's so cute :flowerforyou:

good luck to everyone and let's keep the faith:drinker:

Ang
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Hon, if we could remedy that, I'd look like Barbie. :laugh:
  • BioGrimm
    Thanks everyone for your advice. It is good to know I am not alone in this! Yep, my hips were always the first place that would get big. So, I guess I will just keep up the faith that eating right and working out will eventually win out. :tongue:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I think body fat off of anywhere is a good thing, but that's just me. :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.