Salad dressing

Options
What is a good low fat and calorie salad dressing?

I LOVE homemade buttermilk ranch and that is all I ever eat except for the occassional ceaser. The ranch is probably my biggest problem! My whole family loves and and we use it way too much.

Replies

• busymommyx3
    busymommyx3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love Kraft Zesty Italian Reduced Fat. It is low in calories and really good, and I am kind of a salad dressing snob :)
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    We like Hidden Valley No Fat Ranch. We don't like the low fat version, but the no fat is really good. Also, Wishbone Fat Free Italian is really good.
  • daniflems
    daniflems Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Kraft has a few low calorie versions of it's dressings that I find are still quite tasty! French, balsamic, catalina and roasted red pepper are all ones that I like and use all the time!! PS: usually any salad dressing that is white and creamy is not the best for you
  • 2wiceOver
    2wiceOver Posts: 38
    Options
    Ken's Lite dressings are good. The Caesar and Honey Dijon are my favs.
  • js370
    js370 Posts: 140
    Options
    Light Balsamic Vinaigrette is great.
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    Have you tried the Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Ranch?......My whole family loves these including all 6 kids, picky eaters included. They are sold in produce section.
  • bnewperson
    bnewperson Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Litehouse Pear and Gorganzolla Vinaigrette is Great and a nice change. It is found in the produce department - sold cold.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I like the Wishbone Spritzers. Low calorie, only need a few spritzers (I average 5-10 depending on the size of my salad, 10 for a large salad).

The italian spritzer has less sodium than the balsamic but neither are horrible in the sodium dept.

*edit each is 1 calorie a spray!
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I use the HVR buttermilk dry packet and add 3/4 cup of fat free buttermilk and 1 cup of plain greek yogurt. Taste delicious. Just have to watch the sodium in the dry packets. It's a little high. On that note, I use the plain greek yogurt in place of everything I would normally use sour cream or mayo in. Taste great. You could add maybe a touch of regular mayo or lite mayo if you think the yogurt by itself is too sour in the dressing mixture.
  • nateraemom
    Options
    I like to make my own using a little bit of water, lime juice, a little bit of apple cider vinegar and various spices. Tomato basil spice works great! VERY low calorie!