SAHM 8/24-8/30

Options
1235»

Replies

• AMOMONAJOURNEYTOCHANGEHERLIFE
    Options
    UGH well I weighed myself this morning and I am up two pounds. How did I manage to do that? I was more active last week then the week before and at less. It better be muscle but I doubt it was.
  • angl421
    angl421 Posts: 47
    Options
    lettuce - so glad to here caden is on the mend.

starre - do not get discouraged. if you continue to exercise and stay in your calorie limit you will lose weight.

i have a bar mitzvah tonight. The plan is to fill my plate with three quarters veggies one quarter what ever i want. two rules 1.absolutely nothing deep fried 2.only fill one plate (no seconds). afterall no one NEEDS more than one plate of food. i am nervous that i will blow off my idea/rules and eat the yummy things i WANT once the choice is in front of me. why can't i simply eat the things i KNOW i should eat.

hope everyone has a great day.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    starre--it's not muscle. it takes a LOT of work to actually gain muscle. but it could be increased glycogen +water storage which can happen when you first start up with exercising.

stay in your cals, drink lots of water to flush it all out and if the exercise feels good, keep doing it. it's taken me 6mon to lose 12 pounds. take your time and keep moving forward with healthy habits and the #s will go down.

hugs!
  • Cassiet
    Cassiet Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello im cassie im 24 and i have 2 awesome lil boys...7 and 2...i was a stay at home mom for 6.5 yrs and worked for i think 6 months...lost 40 lbs mainly due to workin my tushy off...n now we moved to a new state about 2 months ago...i havent lost any weight keep goin up n down between 182 n 184...so frustrating! I forgot how hard it is to lose weight when you stay with the kiddos...i need help! i know it takes cal restriction n excersize but how do you do that when you love food n hate actual excersize! lol..ive been trying to be more active by taking my youngest to the park n playing sports with my eldest but its just not working!:frown: any advice would be more than welcome! thanks,,i look forward to getting to know you all and hopefully we can all lose weight in the process! lol

90958.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lettuceb
    lettuceb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hello im cassie im 24 and i have 2 awesome lil boys...7 and 2...i was a stay at home mom for 6.5 yrs and worked for i think 6 months...lost 40 lbs mainly due to workin my tushy off...n now we moved to a new state about 2 months ago...i havent lost any weight keep goin up n down between 182 n 184...so frustrating! I forgot how hard it is to lose weight when you stay with the kiddos...i need help! i know it takes cal restriction n excersize but how do you do that when you love food n hate actual excersize! lol..ive been trying to be more active by taking my youngest to the park n playing sports with my eldest but its just not working!:frown: any advice would be more than welcome! thanks,,i look forward to getting to know you all and hopefully we can all lose weight in the process! lol

90958.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Welcome Cassie:smile: Believe me we understand how hard it is to be healthy and take care of the kids! It is hard when it seems like everyone else comes first. We help motivate each other and give suggestions for things to do or just listen while we rant....so welcome and glad you have jumped right in!
  • lettuceb
    Options
    So far so good today! I did some good strength training and then I mowed the grass and burned an additional 284 Calories!! Woo Hoo!! I am really trying to get in some kind of exercise daily and drink my water (really one of the toughest things for me:grumble: )

Caden is back to his normal crazy little boy self :bigsmile: and school starts tomorrow for my gang so it will be an incredibly hectic morning followed by crazy evening filling out papers from schools but I plan on trying to take Caden to a playground by himself and having a picnic lunch during the day while the others are at school.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend so far!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    just sharing that i ate TOOTOO much junk this week and i feel it. so sluggish. partly b/c of 100+ weather and stress of first week of school. but i think the crap cals leave me feeling like crap. surprise surprise. :noway:

i'll post up my goals tomorrow.
    4 weeks till dh reunion
    5 weeks till my reunion

will reach my goal!! will have nice eyebrows, chic hair, and 2 cute new outfits that flatter my thinner stronger self. (no, no vanity involved in this goal :tongue: ) i don't care--whatever gets me there.

will think about and post my goals tomorrow.

i hope you all had a better weekend. that you made good choices at many opportunities.
    and lettuce--glad caden is much improved. good luck with school tomorrow!

later chicas :flowerforyou:
  • lettuceb
    Options
    Good Morning All and here is the link to this Week's thread ( I was up early for the 1st day of school!)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/64689-sahm-8-31-9-6