Zumba?

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love Zumba. It's how I lost most of my weight. I don't do it as much when it's warm because I like to get outside and hike or run, but when the weather is bad Zumba is my go to calorie burner. It is such fun!!

There are several sets of Zumba DVDs available. On their website (www.zumba.com) they only sell the most recent. I don't know why they don't sell the older ones, but all are available on Amazon and you can probably find them used (cheaper) on sites like Ebay or Craigslist.
  • simplgrl24
    Options
    Does anyone know why Zumba isn't listed in the excercise? I go to Zumba twice a week and can't list it in my excercise. Thanks in advance!

Nevermind I just read some posts about it. Sorry, I don't know how to delete my post now so I just had to edit it!
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know why Zumba isn't listed in the excercise? I go to Zumba twice a week and can't list it in my excercise. Thanks in advance!

Nevermind I just read some posts about it. Sorry, I don't know how to delete my post now so I just had to edit it!

I put it in as high impact aerobics.
  • maggiepz
    maggiepz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba too. It's the only exercise that I don't mind sweating buckets over. I was going to get the Wii Zumba but was told after a while it gets really boring. I think most of the local YMCAs have classes. I'm attending classes at 2 different places 2 times a week and will add on a third day when a new class starts at the end of the month.

Logging calories is very difficult. I found a great web site that will determine calorie expenditure based on your weight and intensity.

http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I went to my first class last week and liked it. I am not a dancer or will ever claim to be but I got a nice burn and it was a nice change of pace. I plan to go back.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I put it in as high impact aerobics.

That's what I log it as also.
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    Thank you so much ladies! I have checked the web site, a little steep for me, but kijiji has a few. Nothing here locally, St. Albert, AB, but I'll keep looking. Some of you mentioned jumping and some impact but from the sounds of it I will be fine if I don't do that. Woo Hoo! Grandma's gonna zumba!:bigsmile:
  • Cass184
    Cass184 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love love love Zumba! I go to a class 3 times a week, and then I also have it for the Kinect. I can't get enough of Zumba!
  • mpeugh28
    mpeugh28 Posts: 14
    Options
    I love going to Zumba classes. Best part of my day. :) At first I was scared of not being able to move or keep up with the instructor, but she told me as long as I keep moving. After a month of going 5 days a week. I feel a difference in my energy level. I no longer feel sluggish, it is such a great feeling and to think it is just dancing.
  • BlueEyez117
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Zumba! I have it for Wii and have been doing it since January of this year. I've lost 48 lbs doing Zumba and running/walking.
  • NELSAL
    NELSAL Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    :wink:
    I absolutely LOVE Zumba! I have it for Wii and have been doing it since January of this year. I've lost 48 lbs doing Zumba and running/walking.
    That's what Zumba Instructors want to hear!!!! Go girl!
  • EricaTallman
    Options
    Actually if you have a Wii they have a Zumba Workout you can buy. It comes with a belt that makes sure you are doing the movements correctly. I think when I bought it, it cost around 50$ with the belt. :))
  • maggiepz
    maggiepz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    what i love about Zumba is that all the instructors are so forgiving. You don't have to be perfect, you just do what you can. i've been doing it for about 2 1/2 months now and i still have 2 left feet a lot of the time. I can't do any high impact so instead of jumping I bounce up and down.:love:
  • mzbatson
    mzbatson Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba!! I had wanted to take a class for a long time but I was intimidated because of my size (i am over 200 pounds! ). I am a faithful Biggest Loser watcher and one episode the contestants took a class. I was hooked. The next week I started the class and I LOVE IT! I look forward to Tuesdays for Zumba!!! Try it, you will love it. The videos are available to do at home but the class experience is great! Good luck!
  • mzbatson
    mzbatson Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    There is a website that will tell you how many calories you burned doing Zumba

www.zumbacalories.com

Once you get the total, you can add it to your database of exercises.
  • msmileyface
    msmileyface Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba using XBox Kinect. This has been the best purchase.. I do SOO many fun games to supplement other DVDs and such. If you have some money to treat yourself, it is so worth buying the system.
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    bumping for later !
  • tnorth82
    tnorth82 Posts: 186
    Options
    I do Zumba at the gym as a class and also at home on the XBox Kinect - LOVE IT
  • staryful7
    staryful7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have it for the Wii and love it. So fun and it does go by fast. I think I might do it tonight actually.