help...vacation

mestisa77
mestisa77 Posts: 30
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi, I am going a 5 day mini vacation for a wedding in a couple weeks, and I'm worried, my meal plan will be screwed up, and I know I probably won't be able to get any exercise in. when i get back , I know I will be back to my schedule again. I'm just scared i will be tempted to eat foods that I missed.

Replies

• kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    you will... but don't worry too much. try to make smart choices, and just know that in 5 days you can't do too much damage. 1 or 2 pounds at the most.
    I spent 2 weeks eating and doing everything I wanted and I came home to a 3pound gain. I ate dinner out for 14 days in a row. so you'll be fine. even if you go crazy eating and drinking. its only 5 days. take this time to give your body a rest and just enjoy yourself. but be sure to get back on track the minute you get home. don't linger and let yourself go back to bad behaviors.
    Good luck and enjoy yourself.:smile:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    are you staying in a hotel with a pool? Bring your suit! Even half an hour of swimming will do you good - and most hotels have exercise rooms and/or some sort of gym equipment, treadmills, bikes, etc. Call ahead and ask!
  • no, it will be family, and knowing how my sister and her boyfriend eat....i'm in trouble
  • I agree with Kimss -- you'll be fine. Kick back, relax, and ENJOY! That is what vacation is for! Swim a little if you want, go for a walk on the beach / in the woods / down the main street (I dunno where you're vacationing, so, pick which one applies to you!), even jump on the bed. That's all excersize. Have salmon for dinner instead of something fried, pick veggies over fries, have a screwdriver instead of a beer, and you'll come back without much to worry about. You may even LOSE weight, because you won't have a kitchen and lots of snacks to tempt you. I lost 1lb on my recent 5 day vacation, and we had breafast and dinner out every day, plus snacks some days, and all I did for excersize was leisurely walking and playing mini golf. :)
  • pk1022
    pk1022 Posts: 4
    Here's a thought that helped me...when ordering at a restarurant..every thing on the menu is good otherwise it wouldn;t be there ,,,try and pick the lowest calorie items...you may be trying something new..that you may end up really liking. Also when I travel I pack my exercise clothes so that I am planning to exercise and then I get up earlier and get the exercise out of the way...If I am at a hotel I use the treadmill if i am visiting family. I tell them the night before that i am going for a walk at 7 am and ask if anyone wants to go with me. that commits me to my exercise either way....Good luck ,,,,,hope these ideas help.............I have adopted this as my motto: what you focus on and put your energy into you become' ....PK
  • pk1022
    pk1022 Posts: 4
    If I take a break from my plan.. even if it's a short vacation..it takes me a lot longer to get back to it.
    But that's just me. I try not to make excuses like ,,,,I will get started again tomorrow...but it is hard for me to get back on track once i have strayed...
  • thanks a lot guys...that helps alot
This discussion has been closed.