How do you make your goals? Mini/Ultimate

Options
I'm setting mine back up... I saw a woman's profile that had little goals set up instead of one big one. I've always done one big one but I want to try that. I need a little victory in my life.

So I want to get down to the 130s. I barely dipped into it months ago at my peak. I'm 5'7" and 152lbs at the moment. I want to at least be back in the early 140s by the time I see my husband. Is that too much to ask in 10 weeks?

I just realized I'm trying to get you to do this for me. I don't mean to!

Just tell me your goals, mini goals, and ultimate goals? How much time for each loss?

Replies

• HeatherScottTN
    HeatherScottTN Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I think your goal of being in the low 140's by the time your husband returns in 10 weeks is VERY DOABLE... IF you work your plan. We don't usually get to our destinations unless we follow our map (plan)... right?

If you are 152 now and shoot for 142 by then...that is 10 lbs... one lb a week... very doable with healthy eating and increased activity. I actually think if you really work it... you could be a little bit less. That weight loss (10 lbs) seems like it gives you room for some good weeks and some not so great weeks.... Remember... slow and steady.. Consistency with Healthy foods (correct portions) and exercise is what really gets us to the correct weight.

I am 5'9" and want to lose about 35 lbs for my ultimate goal. My mini goal is to lose 17 lbs in 6 weeks. I know this is a bit extreme but this is my thinking: I just returned from a trip so I'm bloated (weight up) with water retention so initially lean eating will drop 5 lbs or so pretty easily. I am also initially doing a very low calorie diet. I may not make it to this mini goal but I'm going to try. It is my husbands birthday the end of May.

Good luck with your weight loss. You have very realistic goals so do what you know you need to do! You will feel great when your husband returns!
  • Deelite2012
    Deelite2012 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My golal is to lose 10 pounds per month and ulitmately drop 30 pounds August.
  • ohi1073mysoldier
    Options
    I think your goal of being in the low 140's by the time your husband returns in 10 weeks is VERY DOABLE... IF you work your plan. We don't usually get to our destinations unless we follow our map (plan)... right?

If you are 152 now and shoot for 142 by then...that is 10 lbs... one lb a week... very doable with healthy eating and increased activity. I actually think if you really work it... you could be a little bit less. That weight loss (10 lbs) seems like it gives you room for some good weeks and some not so great weeks.... Remember... slow and steady.. Consistency with Healthy foods (correct portions) and exercise is what really gets us to the correct weight.

I am 5'9" and want to lose about 35 lbs for my ultimate goal. My mini goal is to lose 17 lbs in 6 weeks. I know this is a bit extreme but this is my thinking: I just returned from a trip so I'm bloated (weight up) with water retention so initially lean eating will drop 5 lbs or so pretty easily. I am also initially doing a very low calorie diet. I may not make it to this mini goal but I'm going to try. It is my husbands birthday the end of May.

Good luck with your weight loss. You have very realistic goals so do what you know you need to do! You will feel great when your husband returns!

I'm cheesing over here just because someone said I could do it :D
  • ohi1073mysoldier
    Options
    My golal is to lose 10 pounds per month and ulitmately drop 30 pounds August.

I love rounded out numbers like that! I'd love to add you and creep on your progress (and offer encouragement of course <3)
  • keegannati
    keegannati Posts: 114
    Options
    My mini goal right now is to be down to 200 by my anniversary on 8/4 (only 11 more pounds!) Good luck with yours!
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have set mine for a loss of 10% of my weight at a time. Current goal 200 lbs, next will be 180, then 162, then I will decide from there. Probably 155 for me. It is easier to keep on track with small interim goals rather than 1 large amount. I just adjust my goals again as I reach the current ones.

Carol
  • Tazlaughter
    Options
    I think mini goals are the way to do it for sure! And after reading all your posts on here, I would say you all can do what your main goal is, plus the mini you have set up to get there..Myself I am hoping to get to 140, I'm 5'7 and 197.5 at this time. But I also am tracking my inches also-arms,waist,hips and thighs..at this time my mini goal is to just lose something everyweek..I know not very set in stone goals, but if I just lose something every week, it helps me to keep going. Hey I figure, being I am a person who has no metabolism due to my thyroid stopping functioning about 8/9 years ago, thats a good goal!
  • sherronh
    sherronh Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    my mini goals are kind of like mental road blocks.

like as of now im 164

I usually hit a plateu around 160-161 so when I get to 159 Ill have beaten a goal

When I get past 154 thats another goal because that number is the thinist I can remember ever being.

Everything from then all will be in increments of 5 like lower then 150 lower than 145.

I am number person.
  • ohi1073mysoldier
    Options
    I think mini goals are the way to do it for sure! And after reading all your posts on here, I would say you all can do what your main goal is, plus the mini you have set up to get there..Myself I am hoping to get to 140, I'm 5'7 and 197.5 at this time. But I also am tracking my inches also-arms,waist,hips and thighs..at this time my mini goal is to just lose something everyweek..I know not very set in stone goals, but if I just lose something every week, it helps me to keep going. Hey I figure, being I am a person who has no metabolism due to my thyroid stopping functioning about 8/9 years ago, thats a good goal!

Ohhh thank you for reminding me to do my measurements!
  • ohi1073mysoldier
    Options
    my mini goals are kind of like mental road blocks.

like as of now im 164

I usually hit a plateu around 160-161 so when I get to 159 Ill have beaten a goal

When I get past 154 thats another goal because that number is the thinist I can remember ever being.

Everything from then all will be in increments of 5 like lower then 150 lower than 145.

I am number person.

I am too. The last time I was addicted to stripping down and getting on that scale every morning. I'm going to try to make a set in stone routine day to do it. Do you have one?