I am so hungry!!!!!

Options
I'm definitely not starving myself but I have been feeling so ridiculously hungry after dinner. I eat about 1600 calories a day (this includes the calories i eat back from working out.) Any suggestions?

Replies

• Jscheu1
    Jscheu1 Posts: 10
    Options
    Try eating more appetite suppressing foods....such as nuts, beans, apples, green vegetables and so on. Also try drinking a cup of water before and after your meal, water will help suppress your appetite
  • simonecj
    simonecj Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks! Will try :)
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    you could try upping calories about 100 more a day maybe?
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Up on the protein...
  • Stacy533
    Stacy533 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was like that but found it was because I was eating the wrong food, I was snacking on junk rather than good meals.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would say change your weekly goal to lose 0.5lbs/week as you don't have much to lose and this would be an appropriate amount per week when you have 15 or less lbs to lose, any higher deficit and you risk losing lean muscle along with the fat.

This will give you more cals to eat and more energy for your workouts.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    What are you eating for those 1600 calories? I know on days that I eat well that I do NOT feel hungry at all, but on days that I eat treats or go the fast food route I am hungry. I think its because while my body is getting calories, its missing the nutrients it needs.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    If you're eating at a calorie deficit, you're likely to get hungry at some point. Suck it up.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    If you're eating at a calorie deficit, you're likely to get hungry at some point. Suck it up.

**nods in agreement*
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    What are you eating for those 1600 calories? I know on days that I eat well that I do NOT feel hungry at all, but on days that I eat treats or go the fast food route I am hungry. I think its because while my body is getting calories, its missing the nutrients it needs.

I agree. Take a look at your food diary. What are your big calorie hits? Could you replace at least one of them with a lower calorie, but filling option? I make point of eating a giant spinach salad every day - 2.5 cups of spinach, 1 cup of cucumber, a small tomator, peppers, etc. It's a lot of food. And if you dress it with different versions of oil (1-2 tsp only!) and different vinegars or lemon or lime juice plus herbs, salt,and pepper, it will only weigh in at about 200 calories. If you eat eggs, add a couple of egg whites or 1/2 a can of tuna to your salad for some protein and...tada!...you have a very filling meal that won't use a lot of cals.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Are you netting above your BMR?
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

Wow that comment would have been unending help. Glad you cleared that up for her.:huh:
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options

Wow that comment would have been unending help. Glad you cleared that up for her.:huh:

Tough love is not soft cuddly feely love.
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, only I get 1700+ a day! I'm pretty sure it's because I don't eat enough protein and vegetables so I'm working on that :)
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

I agree. Take a look at your food diary. What are your big calorie hits? Could you replace at least one of them with a lower calorie, but filling option? I make point of eating a giant spinach salad every day - 2.5 cups of spinach, 1 cup of cucumber, a small tomator, peppers, etc. It's a lot of food. And if you dress it with different versions of oil (1-2 tsp only!) and different vinegars or lemon or lime juice plus herbs, salt,and pepper, it will only weigh in at about 200 calories. If you eat eggs, add a couple of egg whites or 1/2 a can of tuna to your salad for some protein and...tada!...you have a very filling meal that won't use a lot of cals.

This! Eating lighter throughout the day will give you more calories for your dinner. You can eat a heartier meal so you feel full and don't snack after dinner. I like a nice piece of chicken or fish, a half a plate of greens (beans, brocolli, or brussel sprouts) and a minimal starch (small baked potato, cup of rice). You can even finish it off with a small salad or low cal dessert. Makes for a filling meal for less then 500 calories.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not starving myself but I have been feeling so ridiculously hungry after dinner. I eat about 1600 calories a day (this includes the calories i eat back from working out.) Any suggestions?

More protein, more fiber, more total calories, more water. All the advice I got! :bigsmile:
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Eating foods that raise your blood sugar folowed by an insulin surge followed by a drop in blood sugar can cause hunger and cravings. It might help to avoid sugar, white flour, and white potatoes.
  • linda1243
    linda1243 Posts: 166
    Options
    when i get hungry i eat a cup of broccoli with a small amount of hummus. I find that broccoli really makes me feel full. The hummus just helps it taste good cause i hate raw broccoli but i find it more filling than cooked.
  • trutlet
    trutlet Posts: 11
    Options
    Yes, I do have a couple of tips. Like someone else had posted, you need to add protein if you are hungry. Try to elimate as much carbs from your diet as possible. They act fast in your body and then leave you depleted and that feeling of starvation. Eggs, nuts, meats and veggies.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

More helpful than yours