Back after miscarriage

Options

Replies

• uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I have had two miscarriages, one at 5.5 months, one at 14 weeks. The emotional healing takes much longer from my experience than the physical one. There is no harm in continuing the prenatal vitamins...especially if you plan on trying to get pregnant again in the future.

Having the right workout gear will help you feel comfortable and motivated to exercise. And the exercise will be good for your soul.

Again, so sorry for your loss. Many of us here unfortunately know how you feel...
  • uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    We can get through this together! My miscarriage was only a week ago as well... the hardest week of our lives, along with the time we miscarried last fall. It's awful and I don't understand it. But we can get through it. I'm turning this into motivation to get even healthier and lose weight before the next pregnancy. You have a support system on here... just keep up with it! :)

So sorry for your loss too, mandalu292...
  • SheilahArnett4
    Options
    I am very sorry to hear about your little one.
    I miscarried once and I know the heartache that you're feeling.
    I felt very alone and only certain people to this day only know about the baby.
    If you would like to add me, you can. Just have hope because I am now a mommy
    to two beautiful and healthy children.
  • ohi1073mysoldier
    Options
    I am truly sorry to hear about your loss and I hope that this will give you enough to think about and to concentrate on until your husband is back home with you again!
    Do you know what...I had something stolen from me overnight and I was sitting here feeling sorry for myself and not exercising as a result....you are an inspiration! With all you have been through to be so focused.
    Please fell free to add me
    I wish that things get easier for you and your reintroduction to MFP can help you on the way to losing the weight that you want to

With all my heart I wish you luck xxx

I'm so glad I could inspire you. I've felt that same feeling of- why the hell am I upset over this, it could be so much worse. It's a bittersweet thing. I had someone "stolen" from me but I'll recover. I hope you're able to get your belongings back and get restore security. That's a terrible feeling- invasion.
  • ditchen5
    ditchen5 Posts: 2
    Options
    Please let me start off by telling you how very sorry I am for the loss you have endured. I saw your post and had to reply, normally I don't but yours definitley caught my attention because I also miscarried, 3 times and lost all of them between 11-13 weeks. It is a pain that only a person who has been through it can understand. I wish you an easy road to recovery and I would also like to tell you that even though I had 3 m/c's I also have 3 beautiful children!
    I am also a medical researcher, my job is to place patients on new medications/supplements to test their effectiveness and report to the FDA. I will tell you that I am not a firm believer in antidepressants although they are helpful but in most cases they aren't. There are plenty of over-the-counter supplements that are very effective such as melatonin, lavendar, flax seed and omega 3's are a few. Plus adding a daily dose of vitamin D is good too. If you add one of these to your daily routine with a good work out I have no doubt that you will begin to feel better.
    Again I wish you all the best!
    Sara
  • ohi1073mysoldier
    Options
    We can get through this together! My miscarriage was only a week ago as well... the hardest week of our lives, along with the time we miscarried last fall. It's awful and I don't understand it. But we can get through it. I'm turning this into motivation to get even healthier and lose weight before the next pregnancy. You have a support system on here... just keep up with it! :)

Jesus really loves me to be sending me so much support here. (;

I don't know when we'll try to get pregnant again. Our baby had a severe fatal diagnosis so it was a long process.. It's very scarring... I'm thinking of taking a year to get my life together and be the person I want to be and be as prepared as possible for the next miracle.
  • ohi1073mysoldier
    Options
    Please let me start off by telling you how very sorry I am for the loss you have endured. I saw your post and had to reply, normally I don't but yours definitley caught my attention because I also miscarried, 3 times and lost all of them between 11-13 weeks. It is a pain that only a person who has been through it can understand. I wish you an easy road to recovery and I would also like to tell you that even though I had 3 m/c's I also have 3 beautiful children!
    I am also a medical researcher, my job is to place patients on new medications/supplements to test their effectiveness and report to the FDA. I will tell you that I am not a firm believer in antidepressants although they are helpful but in most cases they aren't. There are plenty of over-the-counter supplements that are very effective such as melatonin, lavendar, flax seed and omega 3's are a few. Plus adding a daily dose of vitamin D is good too. If you add one of these to your daily routine with a good work out I have no doubt that you will begin to feel better.
    Again I wish you all the best!
    Sara

WOW thank you! I was on Zoloft and the highest dose. When we were in TX (I'm in NC with family during deployment) I had the luxuries of a Psychologist and a good doctor monitoring me frequently. I came back here and he just kept upping the dose to where I would have withdrawals in the evening. It was hell coming off them once I found out I was pregnant and I'll never do that again. The only thing I have now is klonopin for my anxiety attacks brought on by OCD. I plan to use them very rarely once the most sensitive time of grieving subsides.

I went to GNC yesterday and got Women's Ultra Mega packs. One for overall "Wellness" and one for "Active." I can switch them up depending on on/off days. There are a lot of the things you mentioned in them and I use a melatonin sub-lingual at night to calm my nerves and get me to sleep. I feel like I'm on the right track and your reply encouraged me. (:
  • mandalu292
    mandalu292 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

Jesus really loves me to be sending me so much support here. (;

I don't know when we'll try to get pregnant again. Our baby had a severe fatal diagnosis so it was a long process.. It's very scarring... I'm thinking of taking a year to get my life together and be the person I want to be and be as prepared as possible for the next miracle.

It's true... I think God puts people in our lives, even from far away, to help us right as we need it. :)

You guys are still young... I don't think it's a bad idea to give yourself some time to heal. Consider yourself lucky... I'm 29 and my husband is 30... I keep feeling like my body is telling me I'd better get this show on the road! lol After going through 2 miscarriages, I can tell you that when you do get pregnant again it will be scary. You're going to compare everything to what the first one was like. (i can't imagine how nervous I'll be the 3rd try) Just take it from me and try to enjoy every moment of being pregnant. I only had 8 short weeks with that little one and I spent it worrying. I believe we will both have beautiful babies some day, just maybe not in our time but in His. :)
  • andrea_marie3
    andrea_marie3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss! I won't try to add anything to what others have been saying, because there has been some wise advice for you. I just wanted to let you know that, as a Sister in Christ, you are not alone!
  • angemarie23
    Options
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. :( By the time I got done reading the first few lines of your post I had to hold back the tears. I wanted you to know that he/she is safe in Heaven waiting for you. I know that doesn't make you feel any less heartbroken. I have a friend who had a miscarriage last year and yesterday was her daughter's birthday. Everyone sent her balloons by releasing them in the sky. :-) I hope and pray that your heart will be healed. Everything happens for a reason and you might not know what that reason is...but you will someday.

I see you've received a lot of other support as well so I'll keep this short. Just know I'm thinking and praying for you this morning.
  • Brea_81
    Brea_81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my first baby, and it was really hard. I don't really have any advice on the supplements, but prenatals are great just as a regular daily vitamin, if you want to keep taking them.
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    (I just wrote a topic but it didn't post...)

My husband is still deployed. We got pregnant on R&R with our first child and lost our little one last week at 13 weeks. Our hearts are broken. I know exercise is good for the body and mind.. my husband has PT so I have to work a little harder to get my own routine.

Using this site the past year I lost 40 pounds. I've put on 15 pounds over the holiday and some of it I'm sure it pregnancy related... I just stopped weighing myself. As long as I was under 150 I was okay but that's not okay.

My husband was home for emergency medical leave to be with me during a surgery but he left yesterday. It's only 10 am here so I plan on going out and getting some fitness gear. I'm going for running shoes, maybe workout clothes, and a daily supplement. I'm stuck on Nike and with military discount I know where to get those. One thing I'd like suggestions on is a supplement. My body got used to the prenatals and I'd like to continue a regimen because I was taken off anti-depressants on the discovery of our pregnancy and I have no intention of going back on them. I have a medicine for anxiety for the attacks I've had recently but those will soon be put away as well.

Please add me. I need all of the support I can get. It's only been a week so I imagine I'll be starting slowly. Thank you.

I went through a VERY similar experience in January, and for supplements I would suggest SAM-e and a women's active multivitamin. The reason I say SAM-e is because it is supposed to be very good for mood and depression. It is sort of expensive, but it works and is highly recommended by nutritionists as an alternative to anti-depressants, but of course discussing that with a doctor would be best. I had a nutritionist tell me to take double the dosage and it really seemed to help.
  • jennieth
    jennieth Posts: 105
    Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss. Your family has given so much through your husbands service. Thank you and thank you to your husband. Feel free to add me.
  • Snuggles5
    Snuggles5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss always remember Christ has something in store for u n your husband may god be with u all in these times God bless
  • jmayhead
    jmayhead Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. I miscarried 3 weeks ago at 6 weeks and my heart goes out to you and everyone else on this forum. I have added you as a friend and although I may not get to log on every day I hope i can help you and anyone else who needs that extra support right now x
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have lost 2 in a row. One in April and I just had my d&c for the last one 3 days ago at 11 weeks. I know how hard this is.... To say the least IT SUCKS! We decided to call it quits since we already have 4 fabulous boys. Keep up with the vitamins.... They are good to replenish your body after a loss. I am starting back with my weight loss journey. I gained about 30 lbs over the last 4 months. Feel free to add me :)
  • nickyjl81
    nickyjl81 Posts: 66
    Options
    I had two miscarriages last year and have just started trying again. As some of the other posters have said, its a pain that can only be understood by those who've been through it. I'

I'd love to have some of you as friends on here. Miscarriage is very misunderstood by those who haven't experienced it so its really nice to know people who understand.

My only advice to anyone who has experienced this is take time to grieve, do not blame yourself or obsess over what you did or didn't do, and try to focus on the future.
  • carrieblue052
    carrieblue052 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about you and your husbands loss,
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am back on MFP after a miscarriage, feel free to friend me.

I always need help with motivation . . . .
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    So sorry for your lost but love hearing that God is your rock and how much you love your man my hat go off to a fellow military man. I lost 3 kids to a miscarriage but now I have q step kid and 3 of my own and 2 grand babies. I am sure you will get done what ever you are wanting in life with your attuide. Keep up the good work.