Naples Florida - Local knowledge needed!!

Options
Ghewlett
Ghewlett Posts: 22 Member
Hi guys

In less than 2 weeks I'm heading out of rainy England and over to sunny Florida for a 2 week holiday - staying in Naples, Fifth Avenue..... I CANNOT WAIT!!

Can anyone tell me what the daytime & evening temperatures are like so I know what to pack!! Last time I visited the States (Las Vegas) it was FREEZING in all the restaurants as I was dressed for the heat outside! Is it the same there?

Can anyone recommend any good (& preferably healthy!) restaurants I should visit or must-see places etc

Would really appreciate some local knowledge from you guys!

Thanks

Replies

• digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Naples in the end of April?
    Forget freezing tempatures unless you plan on going into a walk in freezer.
    I am just a tad bit South of Naples but, you can expect 80 degrees in the daytime and MAYBE 65 at night.
    We are headed into rainy season but, we have a saying in Florida:
    If you don't like the weather, just wait five minutes. It will change.
    Naples is on the Gulf coast so dont expect to go surfing however, the waters should be calm. It might still be a bit cold in the ocean however, I suppose that is all reletive.
    Check this out.
    http://www.naples-florida.com/active.htm
    If you have never been, the Everglades are very nice. Also, you are four hours from Key West and you can make that drive there and back in a day.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I live on the east coast of Florida near Melbourne. I ALWAYS carry a sweater with me, even in the summer. It's absolutely ridiculous how over air conditioned most businesses are when it is so freaking hot outside.

You'll probably do well packing one pair of pants and a sweater with summer weight clothes for most times. Summertime temps are approaching and it is likely to be in the above 80F range during the day and upper 60-70s at night.
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    It's pretty hot there and doesn't cool off much in the evenings (my Dad lives there). My advice, don't forget your bug spray-lots of mosquitos biting at dusk. But a beautiful place. Beaches are gorgeous, water is clear. Enjoy yourself :)
  • Ghewlett
    Options
    Thanks all, really appreciate the info - it sounds wonderful!!
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I have a house in Sanibel FL. Just north of Naples, Pretty much just shorts and flip flops. Have a great trip!! :happy:
    sanibel3.jpg
  • Ghewlett
    Options
    If I close my eyes I can see myself on that beach right now! Thanks so much for posting - it is pouring with rain here!
    George
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I live on the east coast of Florida near Melbourne. I ALWAYS carry a sweater with me, even in the summer. It's absolutely ridiculous how over air conditioned most businesses are when it is so freaking hot outside.

You'll probably do well packing one pair of pants and a sweater with summer weight clothes for most times. Summertime temps are approaching and it is likely to be in the above 80F range during the day and upper 60-70s at night.

x2

But I'd say 80F is on the low side, it's already in the 90's here on the east coast of Florida.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options

x2

But I'd say 80F is on the low side, it's already in the 90's here on the east coast of Florida.

I did say "above 80F". We have yet to hit 90 here. I think 85 is as high was we have seen so far. My point was that it will not be cool during the day anymore. Anything above 80 is shorts weather.
  • Ghewlett
    Options
    Hell, I'm English....anything above 70-ish is pretty much shorts weather - we have to take all our opportunities!!
  • Jenn_10
    Jenn_10 Posts: 83
    Options
    I live in Naples, and the weather is no where near cold it has been HOT and perfect beach weather, so shorts and flip flops is your best bet.

Enjoy your trip ! your really going to love it down here :smile: