Men! Flowers?

Options

Replies

• zinok
    zinok Posts: 185
    Options
    I'd honestly say that it depends on your guy specificially. What does he do? Are the other guys he work with going to tease him for it? Does he apprecaite typical romance?
    I know my boyfriend would probably get teased mericilessly from the guys at his work, plus isn't really into flowers, so I wouldn't do it. But that's just because I know he would apprecaite something else so much more, like the cookiegram or the pizza others have suggested. I don't know, I'm a firm believer that gifts should be tailored to suit the individual.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You know him better than we do, but I know for me I'd be more embarrassed than pleased. I love sending flowers to women. But I've never gotten any and I wouldn't want any myself.

Now a giant cookie is a wonderful gift! Men are practical for the most part and flowers just don't do it for us. Most guys anyway.

But to men (or ladies) who are looking to send flowers, proflowers does an amazing job. It's easy to order, they often have deals and the flowers are of the best quality I've ever seen. I highly recommend them.

Just take your shirt off and look pretty now... I'll buy you a damn cookie.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Yeah - I think it depends on the guy and his work environment.

Personally, although I would love to receive flowers at home as a random surprise.... I wouldn't really want them delivered to me at work.

Now, if my Sig Other sent me a heart-shaped Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza at work... all for that! Lol
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I sent my husband chocolate covered strawberries and he was envied...
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    remember ladies, *kitten* are like flowers to men
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    You know him better than we do, but I know for me I'd be more embarrassed than pleased. I love sending flowers to women. But I've never gotten any and I wouldn't want any myself.

Now a giant cookie is a wonderful gift! Men are practical for the most part and flowers just don't do it for us. Most guys anyway.
    That was what I was thinking, too.

Something practical - something they can eat, use, or wear.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

This.

He'd probably appreciate the BJ more... just sayin'.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I think it would be cool. I never had that done but would be nice to have the roles changed a little bit
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

Except you usually can't use that a profile pic on various forums
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

This.

He'd probably appreciate the BJ more... just sayin'.

Can you get those delivered now?
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Get him this:

so4nqw.jpg
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Put a naughty pic of you in the card and I'm sure he wouldn't complain
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get them... but I'm not so sure about sending men flowers. I just don't think that they appreciate it or even give a crap about them. But the beer mug might make him happy. Idk... let's ask him, lol :)

Amber, this response from a woman goes directly to the PM that I sent you Tuesday.......Women don't know,and guys won't tell for fear of getting shiited on by their 'friends"......
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    This entire thread makes me want pizza.

Bonus points if it's served off a man's six pack abs.... but pizza none-the-less.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Am I allowed to give a negative reply?

If someone I'm involved with sent me flowers (office or at home), I'd be touched but thinking "what a waste of money; what the hell am I supposed to do with them?" And no, they don't look "pretty". And no, "doing something with them" does not equal "put in a vase". What am I supposed to do with a vase of flowers? No, they won't make my desk look pretty - they'll make it more cluttered.

Now, those chocolate-covered strawberries... ooh, and that pot of whiskies!
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    My husband doesn't work in an office, but I buy him flowers and other treats all the time. Its only fair for me to spoil him as much as he spoils me!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    As long as he works in a professional office where people are either more sensitive or sophisticated. If he works in the loading dock, he will never live it down.

A slam dunk would be a cookie delivery.
  • surgesilk
    surgesilk Posts: 92
    Options
    Pass. Try being more creative.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I've sent cookie bouquets to my ex before, but never flowers
  • Luke_Quist
    Luke_Quist Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sent to you... at work, just to get a blush or a smile. It's a cute arrangment, white carnations in a beer mug with yellow rocks in it. Yay or nay?

Yep - I like it. This would be a once-in-a-long-while kind of thing, to keep things different. Add a little spice (like Anna noted) would be perfect.