What do you do for YOU

Options
misskerouac
misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
What is something you do for yourself to make the day just a bit better, the week a bit brighter, life a bit more positive?

When it's spring & summer I buy myself flowers every week or 2 (depending on how long the current ones last)
I'm not talking expensive ones, I usually spend $3-$7 then every once in a while I'll get a 10$ bunch.
I usually pick them up at the flea market on Sunday or if I don't go i'll just pick some up at the grocery store.

That make me immensely happy and cheer up our condo.

So what do you do to bring a little positivity into your life?

6cadf2f6.jpg
d801829c.jpg

Replies

• DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    I get mani's and pedi's every couple of weeks. Sometimes I will get the spa pedicure which is lots of foot and leg massages.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I go to this place called Town Lake (ok they changed the name to Lady Bird Lake--but that sounds weird to me so I still call it Town Lake) to run. Once a week, and it's MY place. I go by myself, my bf and son stay home, and I just go for a run. It's beautiful out there. Right in the middle of the city, but there's a huge jogging/biking trail with wildflowers and stuff that circles the "lake" (dammed up section of the Colorado River). It's like my special happy place :)

Also, I paint my nails like 3 times a week. I love changing polish colors, and I probably get a new polish at least once a week because I just can't help it. I love nail polish :)
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    You mean besides *kitten*?
  • misskerouac
    Options
    I get mani's and pedi's every couple of weeks. Sometimes I will get the spa pedicure which is lots of foot and leg massages.
    NO ONE is allowed to touch my feet. They are WAAAAAY to ticklish.
    I get a manicure once in a blue moon but I keep my nails quite short, so I don't really get the wow factor when I go since I usually just come out with clear polish and nicely relaxed hands lol
  • misskerouac
    Options

Besides that, yes lol
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Before I married my husband I bought myself flowers too!! Now he gets them for our house weekly, so I had to switch my 'for me'. :) Soooo I take a hour every weekend to either sit on the deck alone with a book and a homade cocktail or by the fire place with a book, coffee and a fuzzy blanket! I also give myself a mini spa day every now and then! :)
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I dance... poorly... everywhere
  • misskerouac
    Options
    I dance... poorly... everywhere

I have no moves.
    I am a horrid dancer lol
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot of money, and I don't have a lot for extras. Most of what I make goes into supporting my family. I decided to take part of my tax return and join a gym. That $30 a month is the only money I spend on myself. I made my physical health a priority, and I don't feel guilty for the 90 minutes a day I take for myself. I love the high a good work out gives me.

It's also benefiting my family: My oldest daughter said to me last week, "You're so much more patient with us now that you exercise every day, Mom." That would be the exercise high.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    i love buying flowers! I bought some purple tulips yesterday :) I also dance while my 7 month old looks at me like i've lost my marbles haha
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I buy myself flowers too... :-)

I get new workout gear... and manicures with the girls.
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot of money, and I don't have a lot for extras. Most of what I make goes into supporting my family. I decided to take part of my tax return and join a gym. That $30 a month is the only money I spend on myself. I made my physical health a priority, and I don't feel guilty for the 90 minutes a day I take for myself. I love the high a good work out gives me.

It's also benefiting my family: My oldest daughter said to me last week, "You're so much more patient with us now that you exercise every day, Mom." That would be the exercise high.

I LOVE THIS !!!! I came home last night and my 6 year old step son look at me and said " well Two ( that is what he calls my partner) it is going to be a good evening- Ali is sweaty and that means she isn't stessed anymore"

He also has told me, that I didn't need to go to the gym that - That I could just pick him up a whole bunch. I wasn't use to having kids around me until him. He always brightens my day.
  • misskerouac
    Options
    yMy time at the flea market is kinda my thing i do for myself to. My husband doesn't go with me as it's like torture to him. So I get up early on Sunday, drive to the next town over and spend an hour or so with a good cup of coffee walking around looking at peoples "treasures". I usually end up just buying fruit & veg from the farmers stands and some flowers. But it's a nice enjoyable morning.
  • chandra38
    chandra38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I go to this place called Town Lake (ok they changed the name to Lady Bird Lake--but that sounds weird to me so I still call it Town Lake) to run. Once a week, and it's MY place. I go by myself, my bf and son stay home, and I just go for a run. It's beautiful out there. Right in the middle of the city, but there's a huge jogging/biking trail with wildflowers and stuff that circles the "lake" (dammed up section of the Colorado River). It's like my special happy place :)

I love Town Lake, but I only get there about twice a year. I'm near Houston, so I go to the beach to sit by the water to get clear thoughts. I also like to go to Target by myself, seriously! It's just nice to get a short break from the kids.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    After a really good workout (which is a gift to myself), I like taking a nice long hot bubble bath with music and candles and all that romancing myself stuff. I also get mani's and pedis.. but to celebrate my weightloss milestones, I like treating myself to pretty lingerie.
  • misskerouac
    Options

I LOVE THIS !!!! I came home last night and my 6 year old step son look at me and said " well Two ( that is what he calls my partner) it is going to be a good evening- Ali is sweaty and that means she isn't stessed anymore"

He also has told me, that I didn't need to go to the gym that - That I could just pick him up a whole bunch. I wasn't use to having kids around me until him. He always brightens my day.

That's so cute! lol.
    Even though i'm stalled right now weight wise, I still go to the gym 4x a week without fail because i know it keeps my stress level down.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options

I love Town Lake, but I only get there about twice a year. I'm near Houston, so I go to the beach to sit by the water to get clear thoughts. I also like to go to Target by myself, seriously! It's just nice to get a short break from the kids.

Town Lake is awesome. My sister lives in Austin, love going there. I'm in Houston too and usually go to the beach once a week.. love it this time of year....before the heat wave hits.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

Besides that, yes lol

Oh, then I would have to say my scratch off lottery tickets. I know it isn't smart spending but I enjoy them.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options

That's so cute! lol.
    Even though i'm stalled right now weight wise, I still go to the gym 4x a week without fail because i know it keeps my stress level down.

What my kid said there helps keep me motivated. I'm a teacher, and honestly, this is my worst year ever. I have very challenging classes. At the end of the day, it's all I can do sometimes to just drag my *kitten* to the gym. But those words echo in my head because I know if I go right home, I'm too wound up from dealing with disrespectful, rude 16 year olds to be a good mom to my two littles. And after 75 minutes of good working out, I feel better able to handle what awaits me at home.

Also - My work out partner and I are stalled right now too. We've switched up our work out routine this week, and I'm zig-zagging my calories. Hoping to see results in the next few weeks.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I watch a lot of pr0n.