Blood Pressure normal.

Options
meat03man
meat03man Posts: 23 Member
I haven't lost a ton of weight about 27 pounds or so in the last 2 months, but my blood pressure was ridiculous when I started on this site and working out. I weight 377 and my bp was like 190/120 or something, pretty sure I was on the verge of dying. My wife is an RN and kept trying to get me to go to dr but I didn't want to get on medicine for something if I didn't have to. So I hit the gym. 2 months ago I couldn't go 15 minutes on the elliptical without feeling like I was going to die. Yesterday I went for 95 minutes and I think I could have gone longer. My wife checked my bp yesterday and she had to double check herself, I was around 127/72 or so. I haven't had a headache from it all week. I know I am moving in the right direction now, I generally stay under my calorie goal sometimes I get a hundred calories or so over on days I don't work out but I go at least 300 calories under on days I do work out so I feel pretty balanced. I eat veggies every day and haven't had a soda or to much candy in months. I do drink diet dr pepper or a coke zero every now and then. Anyways I am here for the long haul. My goal is by this time next year to be at 225, I have roughly 125 pounds to go but I am going for the lifestyle change not the quick fix. Anyone who wants to add me that would be great I have made a few friends on here but would like to have some more support on this journey. Thanks.

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    This is a great little story! I'm very glad to hear that your blood pressure is lower and that you're able to exercise for longer periods of time :) So great to hear your diet is changing too! You're definitely on the road of healthy living :) Keep up the good work! :)
  • charlotte3176
    charlotte3176 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is great! My bp was higher when I was heavier too.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    That is so great meat03man, congrats on the lifestyle change! Feeling great is so awesome!
  • Jaxswan64
    Jaxswan64 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!!!! I am on blood pressure meds and would love to be off of them...Hate it!!!! Thanks for the inspiration :)
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    well done on your hard work so far! I was on bp medication and after losing over 5olbs was taken off of them as it is so much better now! keep up what your doing and you will see how benifictial for your health it is!!
  • brianz72
    brianz72 Posts: 17
    Options
    I am going for the lifestyle change not the quick fix.

That's the best way to go about it. Benchmarks such as blood pressure and exercise endurance are just as important, if not more so, than weight alone. Congrats on the progress.
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    You are doing awesome!!!! I have borderline high BP, and am working on lowing it. Guess I should check mine!
  • dannytheman
    Options
    Great news to read and thanks for sharing,
  • bunnzye2
    bunnzye2 Posts: 56
    Options
    OH I LOVE THIS!! Congrats to you. I was only about 30 pounds over and had to get on BP meds. I could go 5 minutes on the ellipticle and my heart rate would go so high it would frighten me. It took a good while but I kept on, now I barely reach my optimum heart rate without going fast (which i dont like). Keep on pushing, life is so good!! I think I shall work harder now, to lose this last 12.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!