Don't try To Play Me!

Options
msradio
msradio Posts: 165 Member
I just needed to get this off my chest! My daughter tried out for what she thought would be a shot to get on Disney Channel, Of course i know you have to read between the lines with anything! So my friend takes her to a hotel in our area where there are hundreds of kids with a dream of being famous, Now i already know that a agent takes their cut once they get you work so I saw scam all over, but who wants to crush their childs dreams so I tell to go for it I already know once they start talking about money it's a rap for me.She comes home with a packet which i look over explaining you will stay in a Disney resort in Orlando if shes picked and she will compete for cash prizes and there are suppose be talent agents ect there to look at all the talent Watever! So i did what was asked of me which was read the packet email them my # with my daughters name, so a lady calls back in a hr asked how did my daughter like the audition and did i read and understand the packet. I explained i read the poacket and not only that I looked them up online So I understand the pros and cons of the situation. So finally after a long pause from the woman she explains my daughter didnt make the list! Of course she didnt I was a parent who did my homework and they were just mad! I work to hard for what we have and I'm not just going to throw thousands of dollars away! Which is what it would cost be in that talent show! Shame on these types of people who will take advantage of a childs dreams!

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I did one of those things a few years ago. I made the cut, but the catch was I needed acting classes. I was like, eff that!
  • Six6xiS
    Six6xiS Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid my dream was to be a garbage man because I thought the truck was awesome. Luckily my aspirations grew with my age.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I took my daughters to an audition like that once. Same deal with the classes. I just hate that there are some who actually fall for that.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid my dream was to be a garbage man because I thought the truck was awesome. Luckily my aspirations grew with my age.

Mine was to be a truck driver. Like the big semis.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    For every one that says no, ten are saying yes where do I send the money.
    There was a show I watched a while back about people that move to the Hollywood area during pilot season...tv pilot season, trying to get their child on any tv show or commercial they can. The parents were obsessed.