Weight Watchers

Options
hello I was just wondering if anyone is on the this weight loss plan i am i think it is great i'm losing weight.if you are what do you think of it?

Replies

• tamshawn
    Options
    I did ww and loved it. The 2 things I loved most:
    1) Using a Palm - they have these programs that you can download that do basically what this site does.
    2) The flex plan...I used to go out to the movies and to eat every Sunday. I would save up my points and use them then. What was cool about that was that most restaurants publish the caloric value of their foods...which allowed you to calculate the points.

Scary side note...and positive:

You learn (just like with this website) what is REALLY in the food you are eating. An awsome blossom (which most people eat as an appitizer) has enough fat and calories for several DAYS of reguar eating.

Bottom line...it teaches you how to change your lifestyle.

I just followed along behind my wife, but she really liked going to the meetings. She felt it kept her "honest" and on plan.
  • tamshawn
    Options
    BTW..the only reason it did not stick...when my wife (and I am not blaming her) stopped going to the meetings due to pregnancy...she got off plan...and we never came back. Recently, when we decide it was time...we decided to do this website instead.
  • witty_brittney
    Options
    I lost 50lbs on weight watchers. I LOVED it! I thought it was great, b/c I ate what I wanted as long as I kept up with my points.

I lost so much weight, that I wanted to see how far I could go with it. I have since then began weight training and stepped up my cardio and started eating clean. I actually became a figure competitor this year. It did not happen overnight, however keep at it and you will see amazing results!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I did weight watchers and did well! One day, out of curiosity and boredom, I compared my entire day's log (I was within my caloric recommendations) and found that the total calories here pretty much matched up with my weight watchers points! I was pleasanlty surprised.
  • Sherry79
    Sherry79 Posts: 74
    Options
    I also did WW about 5 years ago and I loved it! That was the first time in my teen/adult life I have been at my goal weight. Then I had a baby and gained it all back plus some :frown: But I am going to lose it again!:smile: I can't really afford it right now or I'd go back because I loved the accountability of the meetings but that's also why I joined this website. For the support, encouragement and accountability. I am pretty much eating the same foods now as I was on WW but I'm using the Calorie Counter on the Food Diary instead of the Points. But I figured up the amount of calories I'm allowed on here compared to the number of Points I'm allowed and it all averaged out the same. But I highly recommend it especially if you can go to the meetings!! Congrats on your weight loss so far, btw! :flowerforyou:
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Thank you,i'm doing the at home plan and it does work i'v lost 7 lbs so far.I think doing point system is easier than cal part.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I am on weight watchers now and love it and have always loved it. For the most part I have been doing it since I had my 2nd child (15 months). I have lost 60 lbs. Have about 30 more to get to ultimate goal weight (10 lbs. for pre-pregnancy). Trying to get to pre-preg first - which I know I can do. I just put my points values in the notes section below on the log. It works out good and I don't have to pay to use this site. I get free weight watchers through my health insurance which is nice. The support you get there at the meetings and through this site has helped me tremendously. Good luck! :bigsmile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I did ww and loved it. The 2 things I loved most:
    1) Using a Palm - they have these programs that you can download that do basically what this site does.
    2) The flex plan...I used to go out to the movies and to eat every Sunday. I would save up my points and use them then. What was cool about that was that most restaurants publish the caloric value of their foods...which allowed you to calculate the points.

Scary side note...and positive:

You learn (just like with this website) what is REALLY in the food you are eating. An awsome blossom (which most people eat as an appitizer) has enough fat and calories for several DAYS of reguar eating.

Bottom line...it teaches you how to change your lifestyle.

I just followed along behind my wife, but she really liked going to the meetings. She felt it kept her "honest" and on plan.

I had to look up what an awesome blossom is:
    2,710 calories
    203 g fat 194 g carbs
    6,360 mg sodium

All that from a single onion. lol
  • BrandiiNicolee
    Options
    I did really well on it & liked it!
  • toots99
    Options
    I'm going to go back to counting points on Weight Watchers. That's what I was doing when I lost 25 lbs from January to May. Since then, I've been on a plateau and I think that may be because I abandoned points, started tracking here (which I will still do) and ate back my exercise calories (on WW I never ate my activity points). I'm still going to track everything here, but I'm going to go by points instead of calories. If I start losing again, well then, that's what works for me!
  • sean23
    sean23 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My wife is thinking of starting WW. How does the working out figure into it. She has been eating healthy and working out and has been stuck for two years. Is the amount of food you are eating a pretty small amount where if you work out a lot you will be going into too much of a defecit. About how many calories on an average do you consume on a daily basis?
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    On WW you can gain pts to eat for some of the exercise you do.

I like it because I can put my food at the meals I exercise so as to keep my blood sugars stable. I have all the old books and am doing it at home and using my food also on this site to watch calories and fat grams. Kinda a game to me but it keeps me focused. kc
  • Juliec82
    Options
    I've tried it before and I think it really works if you stick to it. I like the fact you can eat what you want as long as you stay in your point range!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I did WW a few years ago and lost all the weight that I wanted. My problem was when I became a lifetime member and stopped going to the meetings. They really did hold me accountable! I still have all the info and I am doing it again on my own. I like it because when I was just doing the calories on this site I had a hard time paying attention to the fat intake also. With WW points, it takes in account the calories and fat in order to give you a points value. It just helps me manage better.
  • toots99
    Options
    I like it because when I was just doing the calories on this site I had a hard time paying attention to the fat intake also. With WW points, it takes in account the calories and fat in order to give you a points value. It just helps me manage better.

Is that what the difference is? I started back on WW on Monday and have had a good week, and didn't really seem to struggle at all. I kept trying to figure out what was making the difference.
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Is that what the difference is? I started back on WW on Monday and have had a good week, and didn't really seem to struggle at all. I kept trying to figure out what was making the difference.

That is the big difference for me! :smile:
  • And WW get you to eat more fiber, less fat and do workout...
    and you can eat all the food that you want as long as you stay in the point system.

____
    COUNT DOWN: 6 mores days to weight in, need to lose 2.5 lbs. I'll lose 26 lbs by Xgiving (11 weeks) and get a blue ray player as reward :drinker:
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i think weight watchers is one of the best diets out theri it is just easy for me to count calories with my mother living with me