Breakfast Foods

Options

Replies

• kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    Try adding in egg whites to your oatmeal :) Delicious!!!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    I have the same problem, and so I break up my breakfsast into two parts. I eat a bowl of cereal (low cal like kashi or special k) with 1/2 fruit and low fat milk. Then around 10-10:30 when I'm hungry again I eat a low fat yogurt or a string sheese and piece of fruit.

Smaller meals every few hours do me a lot of good and keep me from binge eating.

Good luck!

I do this too! I find two small breakfast meals really keep me from those crazy cravings by the end of the day. My first one is around 7:30-8am then my second around 10-10:30.

These are my favorite breakfast meals...
    oatmeal with ff milk :love:
    natural peanut butter on whole wheat crackers
    Kashi honey flax cereal (forget the name)
    Kashi waffles :love:
    protein powder blended with cottage cheese & FF milk...very good
    1 serving of Cheddar Cheese(not lowfat, yuk) on WW toast
    boiled eggs with WW toast
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Try adding in egg whites to your oatmeal :) Delicious!!!

Ive heard alot of people say this is good...I will try this tomorrow. :smile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Add a whole grain toast with natural peanut butter to your Special K breakfast- you'll stay fuller longer.
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I try to change up my breakfast...

First I drink about 12 oz of water. I try not to eat until my stomach tells me I'm hungry. Then, I have one fruit (peach, strawberries, canalope, grapefruit, orange) and one piece 100% whole wheat bread with a small amt of almond butter. I eat the fruit first, then the bread when I feel hungry again, usually around 9-10 am which helps me get to lunch time.

~or~

I have a plastic bowl / with a lid that is for microwaving eggs whites. I add the egg whites, then chopped tomatoes, onions, green pepper, and last I add a sprinkle of 2% cheese or Fat Free Cheddar Cheese. Microwave for 1 minutes unless there is still some liquid inside then I'll add 10-30 more seconds. I had some Morton Lite salt / pepper once it's done. This is great when I'm at work... of course if you have access to a frig and microwave. I might have 1/2 a whole wheat english muffin if I get hungry before lunch.
  • missbabybee
    Options
    I agree, I also love oatmeal for breakfast. If I will be in meetings or on conference calls all morning, I add some nuts in my oatmeal at breakfast time, but if I will be sitting at my desk, I just bring a serving of nuts with me. If I get hungry, I just nibble on the nuts and it holds me over to my next meal.
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Susie's Strawberry Shortcake

1 cup fresh strawberries
    1/4 cup coconut milk
    1/2 tablespoon blue agave nectar or raw honey (if desired)
    2 tablespoons ground flax seed
    Optional--1 teaspoon almond meal

(189 calories without almond meal)

This is sooooooo yummmy and satisfying!!!
  • tymaddox
    Options
    I have TONS of extra zucchini, and every Sunday I have waffles, so I came up with the idea to make zucchini waffles! They're really good, healthy, and a great way to start your day =]

2/3 cup grated zucchini, lightly packed

1 ½ cups flour
    1 tbsp baking powder
    ½ tsp salt
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/3 cup sugar

1 ½ cups milk
    2 large eggs
    1 tsp vanilla

Directions:

In a small mixing bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda.

In a large mixing bowl beat eggs. Add milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar. Beat in dry mixture until fluffy. Add grated zucchini.

Grease waffle iron and follow own waffle iron instructions.

This makes enough for 3-4 people. Enjoy!
  • Angel31
    Angel31 Posts: 15
    Options
    bump
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have TONS of extra zucchini, and every Sunday I have waffles, so I came up with the idea to make zucchini waffles! They're really good, healthy, and a great way to start your day =]

2/3 cup grated zucchini, lightly packed

1 ½ cups flour
    1 tbsp baking powder
    ½ tsp salt
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/3 cup sugar

1 ½ cups milk
    2 large eggs
    1 tsp vanilla

Directions:

In a small mixing bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda.

In a large mixing bowl beat eggs. Add milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar. Beat in dry mixture until fluffy. Add grated zucchini.

Grease waffle iron and follow own waffle iron instructions.

This makes enough for 3-4 people. Enjoy!

I wish you could have me over for breakfast to try one. :) I do love zuchinni... HEB has some frozen grilled zuchinni and I LOVE IT. Thanks for sharing.
  • Linsmom
    Linsmom Posts: 32
    Options
    Kashi cereal w/ skim milk

or

Old fashioned oatmeal with honey and brown sugar
  • SanDiegoUbermom
    SanDiegoUbermom Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Layer items in your bowl in this order:

1/2 cup lowfat granola
    1 small sliced banana
    1/2 (small 6 oz container) fat free vanilla yogurt
    just a sprinkle of more granola
    1/2 cup sliced strawberries, or blueberries, or blackberries, peach, whatever
    The rest of the yogurt
    sprinkle of granola or fruit - for top garnish
    [/quote]

Oh this sounds so good! I've copied and placed it in my "recipes" file. Thx for sharing.
  • SanDiegoUbermom
    SanDiegoUbermom Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Egg, w/pam fried potatos & turkey bacan

or

Egg, turkey bacon & w/plan mini bagel

or

1/2 c Honey Nut Cherrios w/French Vanilla Yogurt
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    I either have sugar free oatmeal maple and brown sugar flavor and yogurt or half an egg sandwhich and yogurt. I use one slice of bread and cut it in half, 2 egg whites and one whole egg fried in olive oil pam spray, 2% kraft cheese and mustard. Its around 250 calories for the sandwhich, so depending on what yogurt you get its about 300 to 350 for the enire breakfast and you feel full for a long time. Try drinking tea, black coffee, or water with breakfast to help make you feel fuller.
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I love a generous helping of steel cut oats with maple syrup and apples and/or chopped almonds
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    I love a big breakfast, but I found I had to give it up for a small morning meal and equal size snack - no matter how much I ate at 8 AM, I was starving by 10.
    Peanut butter is the thing that keeps me full the most. I have 1-2 T on a piece of light wheat bread, or mixed in with my oatmeal if I have time in the morning. The best thing is it's so fast and I can eat it on the run (a terrible habit!)
    Make sure you drink plenty of water with foods that have soluble fiber (like oats and nuts). The water helps to expand the fiber so you feel full. I always down a big mug of water with my pb.
  • osucowgirl
    Options
    I just got the Biggest Loser Cookbook. It has some easy and quick ideas. I was told that I need to add more protein to my morning meals. I try to add the protein powder to my milk.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I have either 1 serving of quick-cooking oatmeal with 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 banana, 1 tsp. flaxseed meal, 1 tbsp. sliced almonds and splash of brown sugar or two slices of whole wheat bread with scrambled eggs in between with 1 oz pepper jack cheese and some avacado.

I stil eat a morning snack and then lunch but then I am full again until dinner.
  • Linsmom
    Linsmom Posts: 32
    Options
    I like to switch up breakfast

sometimes homemade oatmeal made w/ water honey & cinnamon,
    sometimes fruit...a banana or some grapes,
    sometimes a banana-berry smoothie,
    or
    natures own whole wheat muffin w/ fruit spread and/or peanut butter
  • tiac23
    tiac23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    this morning at about 7:30 i had
    1/2 cup of southwestern (with veggies) egg beaters mixed in with about 6 ounces of (1/4 block) soft tofu and i scrambled that up with some steamed broccoli (1 cup) on the side it was sooooo good it tasted like one HUGE bowl of scrambled eggs and then i had two cups of coffee with splenda
    that was about 200 OH SO FILLING and yummie cals

but normally i have mccans irish oatmeal that i microwave longer (with extra water) to make a poridge; i like to add splenda and pepper to it, and sometimes i throw an egg in their for some extra yummyness 150 cals

OR i have Kash golean (or fiber one) with unsweetened almond milk and a splenda or that OMGAWD fall on floor good HOOD chocolate milk X) chocolate fix in teh morning is soooo awesome 140-180 cals

and then again somedays i just heat up egg beaters on teh skillet with some veggies, throw it on a toasted 100 cal fiberific english muffin, then i add the smart beat cheese which melts soooooo good 185 cals

Oh and i used to mix old fashioned oatmeal with cheese (which melts :love: ) and add jalepenos (yes this sounds wierd but i LOVE LOVE LOVE it) 180

and then i snack at around 10 on some fruit or bar or cereal or whatevers good

lol and thats about it...

242280.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart