Just Curious

Options
Does anyone else plan their dinner on what calories they have left?

Replies

• jasperann
    jasperann Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Most of the time. But sometimes I plan dinner first and then plan the rest of my meals around what I want to eat for dinner.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    yes, sometimes

usually my meals are pretty close in what i use for ingredients, so it's not hard to figure how many calories they're going to be taking up

for example, my breakfast is almost always the same, and lunch is just a variation on a few things, or just leftovers from the dinner before, so I know roughly how many cals it's going to be
  • atx7
    atx7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    No, I plan all of my other meals and snacks around what's for dinner. I tend to log my dinners 2-3 days ahead of when I actually eat them.
  • StephC74
    StephC74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sort of.... mostly I try to save higher calorie meals like pizza and lasagna for days when I know I will be working out and have a few more calories to budget for dinner.
  • eljulia
    eljulia Posts: 40
    Options
    i often reassess what i thought i'd be making for dinner if i went a bit higher than usual during the day. That's one reason i like the calorie counting part of this, because i can know either "oh! i can have a little bit more of that" or "dang, better be cooking really low calorie tonight."
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I usually try and plan my whole day around dinner because I usually eat a higher calorie meal.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Generally I eat what I feel like eating through the day, then based on what I have left, I decide what I have at the end of the day, and it always works out okay because if I have 300 calories left I only want a snack, and if I have 600 calories left I want something big cuz I'm hungrier. :P
  • katrina1501
    katrina1501 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    yes i definately do and adjust accordingly.
  • sweettthings
    sweettthings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sort of. I have vague calorie goals for breakfast and lunch (little breakfast/big lunch or big breakfast/little lunch), and usually have about the same amount of calories left for dinner. Sometimes if I've eaten more than usual during the day I'll decide that I need to skip the pasta or potato with dinner, but usually I'll just eat what I want and then not have a dessert.

If I know I'm going to be going out for dinner, I'll eat lightly the rest of the day, but that's about as much thinking as I put into it.
  • milove1029
    milove1029 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the replies!!!