P90 (NOT P90X) - QUESTIONS

Options
Hi all!

My sister gave me a copy of her boyfriend's P90 DVDs. He doesn't want them anymore, but doesn't have any of the items that came with it.

I have tried to research it online, but it's hard to find info without first buying the system.

Can someone familiar with these DVDs please help me out? I am not sure HOW I should do them:

1. Do I do whichever I prefer, or is there a method to follow? For example, 2 days sweat cardio, 1 day sculpt cardio, etc..? Am I supposed to do these (in whichever order) every day? Every OTHER day? etc...

2. Do I need the supplements he mentions?

3. I haven't tried the sculpt yet, but it looks like it requires resistance bands? Is that correct, or is there a need for weights? (I have both, I just want to know what I need).

Any other info would be greatly appreciated, as I feel like I cannot get the most out of these DVDs without knowing the instructors full intent.

THANK YOU! :):):)

Replies

• Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    The videos are set to be used on alternating days. Monday (or whatever day you start) is Sweat 1-2, Tuesday is Sculpt 1-2, Wednesday Sweat 1-2, Thursday Sculpt 1-2, Friday Sweat 1-2, and finally Saturday Sculpt 1-2. Most beginners stay with those two videos until the start of the third month. Then they switch up to the 3-4 videos.

I didn't have bands when I started, just small weights, I think they were 8 lbs. Start with what you are comfortable using, but understand that you will need to keep going up in resistance to get results as your body adjusts. Just don't try the sculpt with 20lbs from the get go!

You don't need the supplements, but I did (and still do) take a good multivitamin.

The program will burn fat and you'll be sore the first week. If you're completely new to all of this, you may feel like you swell up a bit as your body retains water/fluid to help repair the muscles. Just drink plenty of water and know it will go down--it just might take a week or two.

I forgot to add---work on your form first!! Then work on the speed. You can't keep going if you're hurt!
  • cepark137
    cepark137 Posts: 27
    Options
    Thank you for that! That really helps!

I did the cardio/sweat 1-2 2 days in a row, and then figured I'd better ask before I completed a whole week having done it wrong, and possibly screwing up potential results long-term.

:)
  • Sean_The_IT_Guy
    Options
    http://www.exceleratedworkouttools.com/Power90_files/enlarged_view/power-90_lge_calendar.jpg

This is a shot of a sample calendar for the first month of the Power 90 program. You get into the 2-3 videos after the first month. You can find these calendars pretty quickly doing a google image search for Power 90 calendar.

Hope this helps.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I have the DVDs too and wanted to use them. Awesome info. Thanks!