Anyone eat like crazy for a few days but don't know why?

Options
Man!! I've been going over about 1000 cals the past 4 days.:grumble: And thats with exercise!! Anyone else ever feel like a bottomless pit? I don't know whats wrong with me. My stomach actually growls so I feed it...lol. I'm not stressed or anything. Anyone else every get that way and what do you do?

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I have had a lot of those days lately, though the past couple of days I've been better behaved. Some days you just feel so hungry. I get the same hungry feeling, and I think...how can I possibly be hungry?!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Yes I've felt like this for a couple of weeks. It seem whatever I eat just disappears with in an hour. I at a 14oz ribeye one day and it seems within 2 hours it was gone:noway: The last time I felt like this is when I was hyperthyroid. I have try to eat fiber, protein or peanut butter or peanuts nuts and it helps.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    300 over today, and I never go over. Wasn't a weights day either. It happens once in a while. Just don't do it every day. :wink:
  • milwaukeelady23
    Options
    I feel like this all the time and I hate it. I hope it gets easier as I get going. :grumble:
  • nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yes I've felt like this for a couple of weeks. It seem whatever I eat just disappears with in an hour. I at a 14oz ribeye one day and it seems within 2 hours it was gone:noway: The last time I felt like this is when I was hyperthyroid. I have try to eat fiber, protein or peanut butter or peanuts nuts and it helps.

Hmmm...I'm wondering if after losing some weight and boosting my metabolism, my synthroid dose is to high now...
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    Eat a big breakfast (400+ calories, well it really depends on your calorie allotment so I'm guessing here :tongue:).
    Eat every 3 hours (just don't have junk food, that's about 5 times a day I think).
    Eat less processed food.
    Eat more real food.
    Have a lot of fiber (30+ grams per day).
    Have more balanced meals (meals with carbs, proteins, and good fats).
    Drink enough water.
  • nursegirl79
    Options
    Eat a big breakfast (400+ calories, well it really depends on your calorie allotment so I'm guessing here :tongue:).
    Eat every 3 hours (just don't have junk food, that's about 5 times a day I think).
    Eat less processed food.
    Eat more real food.
    Drink enough water.

I'll up my fiber. I only get 10-13g a day. Everything else is normally what I do. Just not in the past 4 days:laugh: I'm gonna have to get back on track.

thanks.
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    Eat less processed food.
    Eat more real food.
    Drink enough water.

I know this goes against everything we're taught, but I find if I eat a big breakfast (high calories), I am pretty much guaranteed to go over my calories, because most of my cravings happen at night. If I use my calories up early in the day, I'm screwed. I love having a big breakfast, but I need to save my cals for later in the day to be successful.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    just got back from a wedding yesterday, ate waaaaaaaay too much all weekend. went from 151.1 on Wednesday to 154.9 today! awwwwwww! i just got back from the gym too and i feel so bloated! i dont even know if i logged everything, its been two days since ive logged on, i added all i could remeber but i binged like hell today and yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck to the rest of you i hope we all get back on track without paying too much for enjoying some junk food!
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Eat less processed food.
    Eat more real food.
    Drink enough water.

I know this goes against everything we're taught, but I find if I eat a big breakfast (high calories), I am pretty much guaranteed to go over my calories, because most of my cravings happen at night. If I use my calories up early in the day, I'm screwed. I love having a big breakfast, but I need to save my cals for later in the day to be successful.

I too am just like that. I know it goes against what "they" say so I don't eat breakfast now. Recently I ate over my calories & then lost a pound so maybe that yo yo inconsistent calorie counting shook up my metabolism ? who new?:tongue:
  • casamelsmom
    Options
    I tend to eat everything in sight about a day or 2 before my period. Then, I get back on track.
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I feel like this all the time and I hate it. I hope it gets easier as I get going. :grumble:

I can't tell for sure without knowing what you're eating, but it sounds like you're not eating enough of the high-fiber/nutrient-packed foods. I'm never hungry since I got back on the ball and starting eating right again, and NO SUGAR! In fact, I have a hard time eating all of my calories, because I eat sooo much fruit and veg, along with good fats and extra fiber (flax meal). I even have chocolate! I make the most amazing, HEALTHY chocolate smoothie that totally satisfies my chocolate sweet tooth and has only 233 cals! I'm thinking of a way to make it "ice cream" and I'll post it in the Recipe Forum if it turns out well!

All the best to all of you on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    It can be a couple of things, definitely not enough fiber and healthy fats can do this to you, and also when your metabolism goes thru a change, but it should wear off after a few days. Try just eating things like celery sticks, watermelon, stuff that fills you up physically but isn't a huge calorie thing. I eat a lot of raw green peppers on those days, and for me it was when my metabolism upped a few notches, then it faded back down to normal. I was making sure I was eating enough fiber, though, my doc recommends 25-30 gr a day, normal is 20-25 per day.
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    Eat less processed food.
    Eat more real food.
    Drink enough water.

Yeah, I cannot stomach big breakfasts with a lot of calories either. But I always jump start the day with a good breakfast with carbs, fats, protein, and fiber. I just wouldn't have really small and unbalanced breakfasts like coffee, fruit, or sugary cereal. :noway: Hello, sugar crashhhh. This is especially important for students who have to wake up early like me. :laugh: But the biggest mistake is not having any breakfast at all as after a night of not eating at all (dinner to breakfast is the longest time we go without eating after all) your body NEEDS fuel the most during breakfast.
  • nursegirl79
    Options
    Well..I gained 1 lb. Now I have to work that off but not feeling like a bottomless pit anymore. Thanks for all the advice. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    Yep, the change of season is really, REALLY affecting my appetite.
  • tamawamara
    tamawamara Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with Margaret.Couldn't have stated it any better.
  • tamawamara
    tamawamara Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I too Have been eating like crazy lately. This is ENTIRELY due to letting my emotions take over, and am eating out of stress and anxiety over financial and personal issues.I 've let this past week go by with little thought as to what I put into my mouth.I've acted as if I could care less,, but for the most part I DO. I have a little rebel in me who wants to eat what she wants,as much much of it as she wants,when she wants, and like there's no tomorrow!But I'm not like that poor kid who only got treats once and awhile a have to stop acting as such.Treats should be LIMITED. I do best when I snack MOSTLY on fruits, nuts, , veggies, or cereal with yogurt, and drink lots of water, and have what I want in meals, just less, and prepared, more health consciously.I 've been having to get up earlier now that kids are back to school, and it's been good thing. I have a healthy breakfast, and have time to pack healthy things for the kids for school.I go on line and find support, and log in my food.It's been a real stress reliever!My BEST breakfast includes oatmeal , with raisins , nuts, a banana, made with water and little milk, and o.j if I have some.Boom! a nutritious meal that includes 3 servings of fruit , right out of the gate.AND filling too.So even IF you only fit in two more fruits or veggies, you've had your 5 for the day! :tongue: Have your fruits and veggies with little protein/ fat, gets you fuller, and helps your body absorb nutrients. An apple with peanut butter(tbs)Carrots or pepper etc... With a light dip,(body needs that fat to absorb the vitamin A)Yogurt with berries.Let yourself have to a small indulgence once awhile , you have to enjoy life and enjoy your food. or you will go back to your old habits.That said I am grabbing a healthy snack and water, and going for a nice long walk.:smile: I Think too , If the scale says I 've gained a few lbs, and my clothes still fit well, I attribute it to water weight, or having ate too salty the day before,your body does flucuate, . So like BrendaLee said eat less processed foods, and more fresher whole foods.
  • susiesilver
    Options
    I find I eat like crazy and have cravings for the gross fatty foods when i am PMS'ing lol My nail stylist told me about these bars availible which are pretty much puffed wheat and lets just say I am Cheap! So on those days where I feel like I am STARVING to death I have 1 cup of puffed wheat and a glass of water 1/2 hour before I eat and snack on puffed wheat throughout the day throw some fruit with it or whatever to make it taste a little better.

I am a stress eater too..and it sucks lol hope this helps!