Baked Chicken/Tilapia Recipes

Options
Well i saw the usual pepper and salt version for both of this but was wondering how do some of you guys/gals do their baked chicken and tilapia because i want a little bit more variety

Replies

• cbascomb83
    cbascomb83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use Ms. Dash seasoning on baked chicken. There are so many different types
  • 2wiceOver
    2wiceOver Posts: 38
    Options
    Don't know if breaded fits your question but chicken breast dipped in egg (or plain yogurt) dredged through Panko. Bake at 375 for ~30 minutes, turn on broiler for the last 5 to brown the panko.

I also add garlic powder, onion powder, and Lowery's seasoning to the panko. Also I don't use any type of grease/oil/spray because it just always turns out soggy.

Simple as can be.
  • Sweet__Pea
    Options
    My favorite way to bake chicken:

-Chicken breast or leg quarters

-Italian dressing

-Mrs. Dash (I use either table blend or the kind for chicken)

-Water

Heat oven to 375. Put the italian dressing and water in the pan and mix together. I use about 3/4 parts dressing and 1/4 parts water. (I don't really meausre it though). I then put the chicken in the pan and turn them over to make sure they are coated with the dressing/water mixuture. I sprinkle the mrs. dash on them and put them in the over for 20 minute intervals. I flip them each 20 minutes and add more mrs dash. I repeat this process until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165.
  • OverflowingRhythm
    Options
    So far the suggestions given to me sounds very simple and easy to make which is what i love! no fancy stuff going on, but one question if u guys r using ur spices/seasonings do u guys/gals coat both sides of the chicken thoroughly or just sprinkle ur stuff just on one side and stick it in the oven?
  • lbaillie1
    Options
    I season my with garlic, sea salt, a dash of red and black pepper and old bay, great flavor
  • paulieboy113
    paulieboy113 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Try this. my whole family loves this including my picky 5 yr old, they want this once a week.

it is easy to make and super tasty! you wont be disapointed.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/chicken-rollatini-with-spinach-alla.html

I have made other rcipies from this site and they are all awesome, but this is my family's favorite and most requestd.
  • tuppence41
    Options
    Place Tilapia on a baking tray, season with adobo seasoning. Throw sliced onion on the top and put in the oven at 350 for about 35 minutes....delicious!! Serve with stir- fry vegetables or rice.
  • Kylabgeek
    Kylabgeek Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I used Jerk Seasoning all the time on tilapia and either grill it our bake/broil on parchment paper.

On my chicken I use a lot of fat free or sugar free dressings. I have been using a fat free wasabi dijon a bunch here lately.
  • kimberly0416
    kimberly0416 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    For chicken either a rosemary and seasalt seasoning or herbs de provence, no idea what is in it but it's good.
    Tailapia, tinfoil put the chicken in with some olive oil, lemon slices, capers, sea salt and lemon pepper.