• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    What are your thoughts about slim in 6?
    i just started on it last week .... so far i love it but time will tell lol
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I have it, but never did it yet. I heard great things about it and Debbie Siebers is awesome!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,627 Member
    Options
    I did it a little more than a year ago, and I'm doing it again now (halfway through). I lost 11 pounds the first time, and then I did Power 90 and a couple of rounds of P90X. I've gained all that back and then some over the last few months, but it's no fault of the programs. I went through a very stressful time with my dad's serious illness (and subsequent death earlier this month), so I sort of let my own health and fitness go by the wayside...in a big way.

What is it you most want out of a workout program? If it's to melt some fat, Slim in 6 is a great way to go. It's very important to follow a good food plan too.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do!

Jill
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    my friend is a beachbody coach and she says debbie siebers is awesome!

there are other beachbody coaches on the site who will maybe chime in. there is also a slim in 6 thread you could try to find and see what those folks say.

good luck!
  • PJilly
    Options

there are other beachbody coaches on the site who will maybe chime in. there is also a slim in 6 thread you could try to find and see what those folks say.

good luck!
    I'm a BB coach too. I thought about mentioning that, but I didn't know if I'd be overstepping my bounds. I don't want to get kicked out my first two weeks here! :tongue:
  • ginaoakes
    Options
    I lost most of my 50 pounds doing this program. It took me longer than the 6 weeks to accomplish that . . . It is three progressively harder workouts doing similar moves. I had to do each of the three workouts longer, I did not move on until I was able to do all of the moves in a workout without feeling like I was going to die at the end. I did this workout and the abs DVD 6 days a week. I saw the weight come off 1 - 2 pounds a week. I would highly recommend Slim in 6.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options

good luck!
    I'm a BB coach too. I thought about mentioning that, but I didn't know if I'd be overstepping my bounds. I don't want to get kicked out my first two weeks here! :tongue:

i'm not mike and don't make the rules, but from what i can tell, you are def allowed to share that info but discouraged from just coming here to sell and leave. does that make sense? most of the beachbody folks on here are committed to the pgm and keep encouraging people. they're not soapbox hawkers.
    anyway, good to know there's another person in the know out there.
    and i'm sorry for your recent loss and the grief you're experiencing. i hope mfp is a good place for you to refocus on you. :flowerforyou:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    bump
  • PJilly
    Options
    i'm not mike and don't make the rules, but from what i can tell, you are def allowed to share that info but discouraged from just coming here to sell and leave. does that make sense? most of the beachbody folks on here are committed to the pgm and keep encouraging people. they're not soapbox hawkers.
    anyway, good to know there's another person in the know out there.
    and i'm sorry for your recent loss and the grief you're experiencing. i hope mfp is a good place for you to refocus on you. :flowerforyou:
    Thank you, Stacey. That does make sense. :smile:

MFP has been a wonderful place. I love, love, love the food diary! I already have the motivation. My dad had diabetes and heart disease, so that gives me all the reason in the world to be as fit and healthy as possible and also encourage others to do the same. He is my inspiration. Between MFP and BB, I feel like I have all the tools I need. And both places have some of the most supportive, caring people I've come across, whether they're coaches or not.

So, I begin Week 4 of Slim in 6 today. I just need to wake up a little bit more first! Gotta love Mondays. :noway:

Jill
  • kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    I have used Slim in 6 off and on. I really like the program. Start It Up gives you the basic moves and I only did that for 2 days. Ramp It Up was good, but got a little boring to me. I still do Burn It Up on a regular basis. I also do Slim & 6 pack almost every night before bedtime.

I am doing ChaLEAN Extreme right now and on one of my rest days I still do Burn It Up.

Debbie is very encouraging and the program is not too hard on your knees or other body parts.

Hope this helps.