whats wrong with me???

Options
I have been very good at eating exactly what I should. I plan it and just eat what I have planned and I always stay within my calorie goal. Well, not anymore.

This week has been so stressful. My husband has some health problems that got worse this week. Its very scary to see the person you love going through stuff that just isn't fair!

Now, everything that I used to eat has been making me sick. I will choke down half of a cheese stick, gaging the whole time. I used to love them. I cant even bring myself to eat any chicken, turkey or basically any of my normal protein sources. I forced myself to eat eggs this morning but it was torture.

But.... I can eat a whole bag of M&Ms with no problem. :(

I just dont know what to do. I know what I SHOULD be eating but it is making me physically sick! Its crazy. I just dont know what to do. I havent even been logging my food lately because it will just look like this - chocolate, cinnabuns, m&ms, coffee & ginger chews(for nausea). I am not even kidding.

How do I get this to go away? I just want to get back on track, I am almost at my goal, I need to get back to normal!! Has anyone else ever felt this way? How do I stop feeling disgusted by my normal healthy food?

Oh and just wanted to add that I am definitely NOT pregnant. lol

Replies

• lissymae11
    Options
    I really don't know what could be going on, but I just wanted to wish you luck! And I hope everything gets better with your husband soon!
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Stress can do that just try to eat as healthy as you can or find something to help you get rid of some stress
  • TracyTucci
    Options
    Are you pregnant?

opps sorry just saw the answer to that at the bottom.
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    Stress does funny things to our mind and body without knowing you and your situation personally all i can say is maybe take a walk. Get out of your head. Find a different way to cope with things that doesn't involve food. I'm sorry if that doesn't help I hope things get better for you soon. oh and i would like to friend you in so you can maybe vent to someone i'm around quite a bit.
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry everything is so stressful at the moment! I'd say log what you eat (even if it is M&Ms and cinnabons). It'll at least let you know where you really stand.

Keep trying to eat healthier things - or at least healthier versions of what tastes good. Eventually your body will realize you're putting the best stuff in front of it and straighten itself out!
  • freyaandcorysmum
    Options
    pregnant was exactly what i thought when u said ur usual faves are making u gag !! def first sign xx
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    When you are stressed like that its good to eat what you can. I temporary help could be protein bars or shakes so make sure you are getting more nutrients.
  • Christina_3192
    Christina_3192 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Stress, as was said before will do this to you. Perhaps try some relaxation things like deep breathing?

When I lost someone close to me, I couldn't stomach anything. Literally would choke it down only to throw up.

Try drinking lots of fluids, water, soup, easy foods like that.
    Try your best to eat little healthy things slowly until you get your apatite back.

I hope your husband gets better soon, and that you feel better as well.
    Happy vibes your way!!
  • arsalak
    arsalak Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sometimes stress anxiety and depression can case symptoms like these. I would suggest to see your doctor. I hope all goes well with your husband. Take good care of yourself.
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Stress can do alot of crazy things to your body... I cant even image what you and your spouse are ging through an dit must be stressful... I think you should try and stay on your healthy eating habits.. It's suck at first.. but candy (wonderful comfort food) really isnt a good meal... (i know you know that..) Maybe try things youve never eaten before?

Try to pick your mood up.. whether it be going for a walk alone.. then try and eat.. or listening to music.. I know its hard to forget whats going on.. but try to take a couple minutes before each meal to try and put yourself in a good mind set to eat you know? That might help you.. peppermint tea is good for tummys too... maybe have that before or after a meal...

hope everything gets better (with both of you) xoxo
  • JanelleAllman
    Options
    This can suck, I totally feel for you. I get that way when I'm super stressed or just feeling gross. I have the hardest time keeping stuff down or eating things that I should.
    My advice would just be to try and eat little bits of healthy food and not put too much pressure on yourself if you're finding it difficult. Obviously I wouldn't say to stick to eating loads of junk if that's what's easier but don't bully yourself if you're not eating perfect during a hard time. A not perfect diet is still better than no diet.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    This happens to me a lot! I just switch up my food :] I stopped eating eggs, turkey, and chicken recently for the same reason. Added in more protein smoothies, yogurt, lean beef, lean steak, and other protein sources :D
  • cscheiern
    cscheiern Posts: 45
    Options
    I had the same problem a while ago, everything tasted like sawdust in my mouth. All I could tolerate was carrots, apples and soft tacos from taco bell. It was hard but it was from stress/ anxiety. It did get better but I had to force myself sometimes to eat, because I was definitely not getting enough calories or nutients.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    don't completely deprive your self from sweets. maybe try a some healthy shakes until your nerves settle. when My wife is nervous or stressed she can't eat and sometimes she doesn't even realize why.
  • coconutty420
    coconutty420 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i know everytime i go off plan and binge on crap its because somehow in the back of my mind i am telling myself that im not worth it....i self sabotage. perhaps your husbands health issues are stressing you out enough where u are subconsiously telling yourself that he is more important then your own health.....so in a backwards way u are sabotaging yourself? try to tell yourself that the crap food is poison for your body and that the healthy stuff will be good now and in the long run. the crap food is just giving you a boost from the sugar but its only temporary and only a matter of time before you are searching out more crap. mayb put on a big pot of super healthy homemade soup....to take care of hubby.....but also to keep healthy stuff around for u!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Pregnant was for sure my first thought but I see you answered that!
    I would say it's just stress, and as much as it sucks that you're not eating properly right now, don't let it become another stress for you. Try having a green smoothie (or any smoothie), or if you can chug an ensure (not that i'd normally recommend meal replacements BUT if only for a few days while your body got back on track) lots to drink, soups, tea, and whatever small little things you can manage. If it doesn't improve then check it out with your doc!
  • yogamom16
    yogamom16 Posts: 114
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas!! I really appreciate all the replies, I'm feeling very alone right now so its nice to have some support. I am going to make some soup, surprisingly that sounds good right now! I have been munching on carrots today but not enough to keep away this hunger headache.

I am going to take a nice walk tonight and try not to get myself even more stressed about food. Thanks again for the ideas and keep them coming!!
  • lala11975
    lala11975 Posts: 26
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with you. You are going through a stressful time!! I know I have No problem eating junk food If I'm hungry or not. What I've come to the conclusion is that if I don't eat the junk I will get really hungry and I will eat the healthier things without gagging, lol. I remember I did the South Beach Diet and the first two weeks it was Very Limited on what I could eat and afer the first week I was gagging trying to swallow the same damn thing everyday. Try switching up your healthy foods and don't eat the junk because you will eventually become hungry enough that you will eat the healthier options :smile:
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    Stress, as was said before will do this to you. Perhaps try some relaxation things like deep breathing?

When I lost someone close to me, I couldn't stomach anything. Literally would choke it down only to throw up.

Try drinking lots of fluids, water, soup, easy foods like that.
    Try your best to eat little healthy things slowly until you get your apatite back.

I hope your husband gets better soon, and that you feel better as well.
    Happy vibes your way!!

Couldn't have said it better. Positive thoughts heading your way. I hope things get better for you. :flowerforyou:
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    It's probably stress - I too am dealing with a difficult issue with my husband it's causing me to have weird eating habits. For example, today All I've wanted to do was eat. I'm very tired and I have a pain in my stomach from stress and my brain thinks I'm hungry.

When I'm stressed I want some junk while other junk just makes me sick. It's odd how the mind works.