Diet Mt Dew

Options
So, I'm very confused and after posting on my main wall and looking for answers, I've decided to post a forum to see if anyone out there can please explain to me the confusion Diet Mt Dew has with me. lol

If you buy a 20 fl oz bottle from the machine, on the front in a little white square it'll say 10 calories per botttle. However, on the back in the Nutrion Facts area it states in 8 oz there are 0 calories.

So here lies my confusion.....so if I only drink 8 of those 20 oz I'm not consuming any calories?? How is that possible? Where exactly are those 10 calories at in the botttle?

I just don't get their logic. Everyone on my wall seemed to find this just as humorous. Can someone please explain this?? Thanks! lol :smile:

So, until I figure it out...I'm sticking to water, diet pepsi/coke. :wink:

Replies

• terrie_exercise_mom
    Options
    So, I'm very confused and after posting on my main wall and looking for answers, I've decided to post a forum to see if anyone out there can please explain to me the confusion Diet Mt Dew has with me. lol

If you buy a 20 fl oz bottle from the machine, on the front in a little white square it'll say 10 calories per botttle. However, on the back in the Nutrion Facts area it states in 8 oz there are 0 calories.

So here lies my confusion.....so if I only drink 8 of those 20 oz I'm not consuming any calories?? How is that possible? Where exactly are those 10 calories at in the botttle?

I just don't get their logic. Everyone on my wall seemed to find this just as humorous. Can someone please explain this?? Thanks! lol :smile:

So, until I figure it out...I'm sticking to water, diet pepsi/coke. :wink:
    I really don't get it either. Never knew it even had cals but then again I have never drank it! I would say...don't trust diet mt dew...lol
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think if something is less than 5 calories per serving, they can call it 0 calories.

If there's 10 calories in 20 oz, that's 4 calories per 8 oz serving.
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Rach_Gem_n_Disguise Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think if something is less than 5 calories per serving, they can call it 0 calories.

I agree but their Nutrional Facts state 0 calories for 8 oz serving. lol Odd!!
  • Schuyler
    Schuyler Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'd be more concerned about the bominated vegetable oil than the calories.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

Because 4 is less than 5 so they're allowed to call it 0.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options

THIS

http://www.environmentalhealthnews.org/ehs/news/2011/brominated-battle-in-sodas
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Options

Brominated veg oil? Hmmm....yummy. That's enough to make ya really not even want to drink it. What the heck is that????
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Options

Because 4 is less than 5 so they're allowed to call it 0.

Gotcha....cheaters. lol
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Options

THIS

http://www.environmentalhealthnews.org/ehs/news/2011/brominated-battle-in-sodas

Thanks!
  • JoyousJustine67
    JoyousJustine67 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Front labels are misleading use the back girl ♥
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    If you look on the ingredients it has a small amount of orange juice in it. That may account for the calories
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    either way, I often don't even log diet soda. you aren't adding any calories, in general. and even at 10, that's pretty insignificant in the scope of an entire day.