Bowel Movements

Options
So something that is a "gross" topic but have a question: I always feel like I don't get a full bowel movement and I have excess poop in me "weighing" me down. Suggestions outside of enemas?

Replies

• amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Drink 8 glasses of water/day and add another glass for every 20 pounds you have to lose, as well eat a diet high enough in fibre. This combination will get things moving and you'll feel lighter, the 'lighter' feeling might not happen right away but it will
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I agree; more water and more fiber. I personally have digestive issues and very slow motility so I have to take a probiotic and it regulates my system.
  • FitnessDynasty
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I went and got a fiber supplement because I just don't get enough from regular food according to my tracker.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    lots of water and 2 pieces of fruit a day. Works great for me....
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Just get a really nice high fiber breakfast cereal and go to town with it. By go to town I mean 1 cup a day. The Natures' Path ones are DELICIOUS.

Raisin Pumpkin Crunch? Don't mind if I do. Twice a day regular. ;)
  • considermac
    Options
    lots of water and 2 pieces of fruit a day. Works great for me....

And metamucil in the morning for me. I have had some surgeries so I need to get my fiber. I agree with the water and the fruits or veggies each day.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    If the added fiber doesn't work there are several teas on the market that you can drink that help. I wouldn't drink them regularly but occasionally to get things moving. :)
  • cargotrailer
    cargotrailer Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I use milled flaxseed added to cereal, oatmeal, protein shakes,..... seems to help
  • mwapay
    mwapay Posts: 18
    Options
    i did the high fibre thing orked in the beginning then suddenly my bowels wudnt budge, now i drink black tea without sugar! i go ALMOST immediatly..also noticed when working out i drink a lot of water..that helps me as i have movement after working out.. vegetables such as beetroot could help.
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Tons of water! I love the orange flavored Benefiber because it seriously tastes like orange gatorade. So yummy! And there are fiber gummies but those usually make me bloat...same with fiber one bars.

Also, watch for products that have chicory or inulin because it's harder to digest. It makes me feel super bloated when I have either!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    try to get your fiber form fruits and vegatables. Insoluable fiber from grain source just bulk up your poo...who wants it to be bigger?Drink pleanty of water.
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, almonds help too. Plus you'll be getting protein and healthy fats.
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I run into the same issues. Like most people say, its water and fiber. I've recently found out that an excellent source of fiber that you can easily add to things is chia seed. You can add it to yogurts or possibly smoothies. Who would have ever thought it could do more than give a piece of plaster some nice green hair?
  • philco41
    philco41 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Lot of good ideas here. Yoplait fiber one yogurt seems to work. Only 50 calories, only drawback is the sugar. You could also add a bit of your fiber supplement to it. Also makes a good lo cal snack.