Does anyone know how to lose belly fat?

MotiMaj66
MotiMaj66 Posts: 6 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I started swimming 2 months ago and have noticed that my arms, legs and rear have toned up considerably - the prob is my belly, anyone got any tips?

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    cardio cardio cardio. That and eating a healthy and balanced diet is the only way to reduce body fat. It'll happen, it just happens the way your body wants, unfortunately there's no way to target areas of the body for fat reduction, you just have to keep working at it, it'll eventually come off.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Just so you know... my body LOVES my belly fat and is holding onto it for dear life!
    It is comin off slowly, just not the way I want.

SHBoss is correct. Cardio is the only way to get rid of it... ab exercises will tone the muscle underneath the fat
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Cutting out white sugar & flour - bad carbs... in your diet helps with belly fat as well.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Cutting out white sugar & flour - bad carbs... in your diet helps with belly fat as well.

Indeed-- past 7 weeks or so I've cut these out, kept up with cardio and have lost 7 pounds-- and it all seems to have come from the ol' gut--

Check your labels-- look for added sugar-- it's everywhere!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    My belly is the only place I have fat, the rest of me is thin and it's very discouraging.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Yep, cardio. Ab workouts will really only work the muscles under the fat, which isn't a bad thing....but they're not going to burn the fat anywhere as quickly or efficiently as cardio will.

Are you sure you haven't lost anything there? After a year and a half I still have much more of a tummy than I would like, but when measuring my waist and trying to wear my pants without a belt, it's evident just how much I have lost and that's very encouraging.
  • Dlhigh
    Dlhigh Posts: 72 Member
    Cardio is the answer, teamed up with clean eating. It takes times but it is definately worth the effort. Make sure your water intake is up, up , up. And do your best to avoid caffiene, alcohol, fried anything. If you are not doing any core exercises, now is the time. and try to focus on lower abs. I know that sounds like alot to do, but from my own experience, I know it works. Keep up the good work!! You are so worth it!!!
  • MotiMaj66
    MotiMaj66 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks for the advice all!
    I have lost some belly fat over the months but I suppose I wanted a quick fix.
    I'll step up the cardio now....
This discussion has been closed.