Weighing

Options
I have decided to weigh in only once a month!!! I was weighing every week but it was driving me nuts b/c the scale hasn't moved. I know I''m losing something b/c I'm another size down. Since I only measure once a month I don't see why I can't weigh once a month.

What are you weigh rituals?

Replies

• gracie2586
    gracie2586 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Every morning at 8 AM AFTER i pee lol don't want those extra couple of ounces. jeeze i am ridiculous aren't i
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I was weighing everyday and it drove me crazy, now I weigh once a week!! :wink:
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    if i dont weigh every day i lose focus. i need to see my lack of progress to keep it moving.
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a month, I keep track throughout but my official weigh in is once a month. Every 1st of the month. Good Luck with your journey.
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Weighing in every day will make you angry at yourself. If you give yourself a goal during the week to meet, that way you have a little more discipline. But once a month, I don't know. I think I would go crazy NOT knowing. Good luck to you for doing it once a month :)
  • Luc245
    Luc245 Posts: 73
    Options
    I weigh every day knowing that the scale will go up and down and not caring. If I weigh once a week or once a month it's possible that I could just be having a bad few days when I weigh and it will put me down for another week. If I weigh every day I keep track of all the subtle changes that occur and I only record the new lower weight if it happens a few days in a row otherwise I just chalk it up to fluctuation.

I weigh 6:30am every morning before my shower except weekends.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Im weaning my self down to once a month I work out like crazy and I weighed in this morning and I was up 2/10 of a pound and have been losing and gaining the same 7/10s of a pound for the last couple of weeks So I decided not to weigh in so often I was thinking once a month myself.
    BTW I use my Wii Fit to weigh in so it gives me my BMI also
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I weigh "unofficially" every morning so that I can monitor how my weight fluctuates under different circumstances, and weigh "officially" on Saturday mornings. Some people say that doing it every day drives them nuts but it helps me. Some weeks I'll be down 5 pounds on Friday but then eat a lot of sodium or something so it doesn't show up on Saturday. If I had only weighed once a week, I'd think that I'd lost nothing and be really upset about it, but since I know that it was down just the day before, it's not a big deal.
  • Livingbalanced
    Livingbalanced Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just blogged about this... I can't quite decide... once a month or every few months... I used to be every week but it was getting to me - feeling discouraged by the numbers. I'm leaning towards MAYBE once a month - but if my measurements are down, that's all I need and I may skip the scale entirely. I'll take inches over pound ANY day!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every Sunday morning before I do anything else. It kind of gives me a clue of what the week ahead should look like.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I weigh "unofficially" every morning so that I can monitor how my weight fluctuates under different circumstances, and weigh "officially" on Saturday mornings. Some people say that doing it every day drives them nuts but it helps me. Some weeks I'll be down 5 pounds on Friday but then eat a lot of sodium or something so it doesn't show up on Saturday. If I had only weighed once a week, I'd think that I'd lost nothing and be really upset about it, but since I know that it was down just the day before, it's not a big deal.

I go by this too and try not to freak out or obsess even if it doesn't change.
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    in all honesty it depends on my mood. If I think it is going to affect me negativly, I don't weigh at all. Even if I think I lost. If I am having a good week I will weigh everyday and it doesn't seem to affect my mood.... so I pay more attention to my emotions then to the once a week, everyday, once a month thing
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a day. Crazy? probably, but it keeps me in line.
  • angieshow3
    angieshow3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem where I would weigh in and not see a difference and honestly it would get me down and out. So I stopped and started weighing in once a month only and it felt great! For me, if I see a small change like .5 pounds, I start to think about whether or not all of my hard work is worth the effort (and of course it is because small victories add up). But, when I weigh in once a month and I see 7 or 8 pounds gone... I feel really great!

So, I weigh in once a month and that is also my treat day =)
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    Every morning at 8 AM AFTER i pee lol don't want those extra couple of ounces. jeeze i am ridiculous aren't i

I'm ridiculous too then! hahaha. I weigh everyday, morning and night, just like to to see what I'm going to bed with. But I track my weight once a week, used to be Monday's but I realized weekends at too much water weight! haha, so I do it on Thursdays now, thats when I see a loss or not since I'm back in the swing of the eating right and all
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day knowing that the scale will go up and down and not caring. If I weigh once a week or once a month it's possible that I could just be having a bad few days when I weigh and it will put me down for another week. If I weigh every day I keep track of all the subtle changes that occur and I only record the new lower weight if it happens a few days in a row otherwise I just chalk it up to fluctuation.

I weigh 6:30am every morning before my shower except weekends.

^^^THIS other than the time... your weight will fluctate all the time...
  • amberfarmer99
    amberfarmer99 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I weigh in Sunday afternoons at 4:30 (random time huh?). That is just when my husband & decided. We had actually started our journey on a Thursday night (ei why I had to weigh in today, instead of Sunday), but then we weighed in randomly for a couple of weeks, and got frustrated. Our Wii told us that if you don't weigh in at the same time then your weight can fluctuate by as much as 2 pounds a day. Then we decided on Sunday afternoons, so we could know what our week needed to look like. If we have a BAD week (having a family gathering, or the like) then we may skip it. I think it would drive us crazy to just do it once a month. I do think I about the once a month because I'm under 20 lbs. from my goal, and I'm afraid I might not see so much of a change the closer I get, but right now I'm part of a weight loss group and we do weekly weigh ins. I say whatever you are comfortable with. Good luck!!!!
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    sometimes i weigh myself 2 times a day (first thing in the AM & then before bed.)

Lately I have cut it back to once a week. I try not to use the # on the scale so much... It all depends more on how my clothes are fitting.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I've decided to weigh every two weeks right now just to make sure what I'm doing is working as intended. After that, I'll go monthly or so.

My main thing this time is getting a pattern that I know works. At that point it's about repeating a proven pattern. The scale can say whatever it wants. I know my routine works.

:)