Hi - how is everyone losing?

Options
toshie333
toshie333 Posts: 295 Member
hi im hovering around, ventured over from weightwatchers.... was just wondering how everyone is findin calorie counting and how much/well are you losing? is it consistent? how hard/easy? can you have high and low cal days? sorry for all questions x

Replies

• Mischelina
    Mischelina Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just quit Weight Watchers. I had lost 30 with it before, but I am losing at the same rate here counting calories, which is much easier to me than counting points! I also like the food database here much more. It irritated me so much that WW had such a poor database and app. I also find the people of MFP to be more supportive. Add me as a friend and you can see my food diary.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    hi im hovering around, ventured over from weightwatchers.... was just wondering how everyone is findin calorie counting and how much/well are you losing? is it consistent? how hard/easy? can you have high and low cal days? sorry for all questions x

I lost almost 30 lbs. The first 23 (or so) took about 4 months, the rest came off gradually over the next 3-4 months. I've been maintaining that weight for about 8-9 months.

It was pretty easy. Just have to stay focused.

I have high and low calorie days.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    This site works really well for me. Very user friendly. I just keep counting my calories and logging in my exercises.
  • proctorcj
    proctorcj Posts: 31
    Options
    I replaced a couple meals a day with green juicing (Youtube this it's extremely healthy). Basically my day goes like this...

Eat something every 2 to 3 hours no matter what, usually 1 serving of fruit, so you dont get sooo hungry you just gorge yourself.

1-Wake up I eat oatmeal the original not the packs(I add 1 small box of raisins, cinnimon spice and Agave Nectar as the sweetner(Agave Nectar is low glycemic and wont make your blood sugar spike which makes you crave sweets)...this is for your daily fiber you will need as well.
    (2-3 hours before next thing)
    2-Snack usually 1 serving of fruit
    3-Green Juice...Extremely good for you...just put leftovers into a glass canning jar and fill all the way up to not let in any oxygen into it and then put in the fridge
    4-Green Juice...this is usually the left over green juice I couldnt finish from earlier
    5-Grilled or Baked Chicken or Fish (4-6 oz) with a side or two of veggies (This will give you your protein you need)
    And just before bed time I eat a yogurt I prefer Chaboni greek yogurt and then off to bed...this is around 1200-1300 calories a day WELL under the 1700 needed to lose weight without excersice...But I get on the Precor elliptical several times a week as well...Im never hungry because I eat something every 2-3 hours...so far this has been extremely easy...the first couple days was tough but once you get your stomach shrunk down, the 1 piece of chicken will actually fill you up...its crazy cause I used to could eat 2 lrg pieces of chicken easily. Not anymore...Hope this helps ohh and dont weigh yourself for about the first 2 weeks because you body will be fluctuating too much during this transition and you will just get discouraged.
  • raw14
    raw14 Posts: 22
    Options
    THis really clicked with me. I found that seeing how many calories things are and how long I'd have to exercise to burn them helps me make better choices. I find that if I log my calories and I know I have a special event coming up I can put in a little more exercise time to make up for the higher calorie days. I like exercising so its not a problem for me. Good luck and no matter what don't get discouraged. I've lost 16lbs slowly about 1 to .5lbs a week, but hey its a loss. I'm willing to take the time.