Too much of a good thing ?

Options
My hubby and I were discussing fruit. He's worried I may be consuming too much. Right now Im addicted to pears. But today my snack was a small apple , medium pear, and small orange all chunked up. It's about snack time so is there a limit I need to put on my fruit ? I figure its better than shovin my mouth full of brownies :laugh:

Thanks,
Tracy

Replies

• BlazinEmerald
    Options
    My hubby and I were discussing fruit. He's worried I may be consuming too much. Right now Im addicted to pears. But today my snack was a small apple , medium pear, and small orange all chunked up. It's about snack time so is there a limit I need to put on my fruit ? I figure its better than shovin my mouth full of brownies :laugh:

Thanks,
    Tracy
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU. I DON'T THINK YOU CAN GET "TOO MUCH" FRUIT. WOULD ANYONE BE CONCERNED IT IT WAS TOO MANY BROWNIES/DORITOS? PROBABLY NOT. EAT UP:smile:
  • jpketz
    jpketz Posts: 73
    Options

Thanks,
    Tracy

I'm not a health professional, just do a lot of reading....

Fruit is loaded with simple carbohydrates and very high glycemic, which depending on how you metabolize sugar, can be problematic if you're insulin resistant or pre-diabetic.

On the plus side, the fiber you get in whole fruit is a good thing, as are the vitamins and micronutrients galore in each of the fruits you mentioned. Eating a lot of fruit by itself probably isn't such a bad thing but like most things dietary it's all about balance.

And yeah...if you're comparing whole, fresh fruit to brownies...duh! :smile:
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    like jpketz said - fruits are simple carbs and often loaded with sugar...limit your fruit servings to twice pr day and try to chose fruits with a low glycemic index (think berries!)...also - to get more satisfaction and keep your insulin levels from peaking and dropping, eat your fruit with a protein (like almonds!)
    :smile:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to fruit now too.....I dragged my honey out at 11pm last night to go get some.........I used to grab a cookie, candy bar or something absolutely not healthy. I figure that eating fruit is WAY better.....I must say on the fiber thing, I do find I am in the bathroom alot more.......

If you find another answer to this can you pass it along, otherwise I am eating fruit.....