Weight Loss Pills

Options

Replies

• IPAfan5
    IPAfan5 Posts: 27
    Options
    Last time I was in GNC I got a 10 pill sample of OxyElite Pro. Honestly I don't notice much in terms of appetite suppression and I can't comment on weight loss yet because I haven't weighed myself since trying it out.
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Best advice I can give is to go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator and see what number (BMR) that gives you -- that's the *minimum* you should consume every day. If you're currently eating below that number, then up your calories to it -- depending how far under you are (if you are) you might see the scale go up a little at first, bit it will even out I promise. You really need to be eating over and above that number every day, but how far above it is different for everyone, depending how active you are. What I try and do is eat between my BMR and my maintenance calories every day. The weight'll come off at some point by doing that.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Don't do pills, please. :flowerforyou:

I was hoping you wouldn't get slammed on the boards. Trying going to this site and look up your BMR and TDEE.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/

I am a mom of 2. I tried for 3 yrs to loose the same 10 lbs. I got frustrated because I would stick to 1200 calories like everyone said amd I exercised but no weight would come off. Or a few pounds would come off then I would give up, I realize now that the reason I gave into craving is because I was starving myself!!!!

Feel free to send me a friend request. Always looking for new mommy friends for support.
  • katetaylor999
    katetaylor999 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What ever "JesterMFP" said.. is really bad advice all the way around.

Ok... how so?

Yeah, I wondered that too, but I think someone missed the "quote" bit on your post!! You no talk poo poo, Jester - it was what was written above you!!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Sorry Jester!! I didn't mean to say your advice was bad! I meant to say the advice that you quoted was bad!! Sorry everyone!!!!!!

That's my bad!!!!!!

Heather
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Not losing a pound in a week is not a big deal. It's not uncommon for people to stall out for several weeks along the way. You need more patience, not diet pills.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion: Trash the pills, up the calories a bit, hit the weights.

THIS
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Last time I was in GNC I got a 10 pill sample of OxyElite Pro. Honestly I don't notice much in terms of appetite suppression and I can't comment on weight loss yet because I haven't weighed myself since trying it out.

Oh this stuff made me paranoid and extremely fatigued and nauseas.

OP, don't bother with pills. If you want to buy a product to supplement your diet, get some good vitamins and some fish oil capsules. You've only been at this for a week. As long as you are doing everything right, the weight will come off. Logging your food and exercise will help greatly. Good luck!
  • Alpine005
    Alpine005 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If they made a pill you took four times a day and say it has 500 calories, tastes good (it's a large pill so you actually have to chew it) I'd take it, Sounds awesome.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    One thing I did recently use that I noticed a difference from came from Smoothie King.. It's called Acai Berry cleanse & flush. Basically just a 2 week supplement that makes you poop...everything! LOL Kinda gross.. but if your not "moving" you are holding on to weight. Just a thought.

Heather
  • mejustsmaller316
    mejustsmaller316 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    When you post a topic titled "Weight Loss Pills" around here the mob comes out.

Shes Right. I started taking phentermine. Which gives you allot of hate messages. My doctor suggested it. Ive only been on it for three days. So i have no long term experience. I lost a couple ponds in the three days though.
  • pinupbeauty
    Options
    :smile: Dnt take weight loss pills, ive heard they only help with water weight loss and not really functional in fat loss or actual shredding of weight. They also are dangerous and some aren't even approved by the FDA and can cause serious cardiovascular problems. So my advice, Eat 3 main courses that are good and healthy and snacks in between (healthy). Drink lots and lots of water. Cardio is great and weight training for women is the best. you build moer muscle and burn more fat this way. if your worried about getting bulky, i dnt think you will unless your taking somesort of enhancements.
  • carolanndekker
    Options
    Wow - harsh -- sorry I didn't read it thoroughly enough.
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am also taking Phentermine, because I have issues with self control and snacking. I am fully educated about the risks, and my doctor and I concluded this is the right treatment for me at this time. HOWEVER: it is not a magic pill! It is a crutch, to help me get jumpstarted and change my habits without feeling like I'm starving! Of course I would gain it back if I stopped taking it and hadn't changed my eating habits. The point is that it's helping me make those healthier choices, and see some progress so I don't get discouraged.
    Does it work? Yes. It's not for everyone, and you have to be commited to the healthy changes or you WILL fail in the long run.
  • propskat
    Options
    Best advice I can give is to go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator and see what number (BMR) that gives you -- that's the *minimum* you should consume every day. If you're currently eating below that number, then up your calories to it -- depending how far under you are (if you are) you might see the scale go up a little at first, bit it will even out I promise. You really need to be eating over and above that number every day, but how far above it is different for everyone, depending how active you are. What I try and do is eat between my BMR and my maintenance calories every day. The weight'll come off at some point by doing that.

I'm confused. Isn't the BMR basically maintenance calories? I thought it was the calories you would burn just by existing, which means if you wanted to lose, you should be consuming less? Do you have another calculator for maintenance calories?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

I'm confused. Isn't the BMR basically maintenance calories? I thought it was the calories you would burn just by existing, which means if you wanted to lose, you should be consuming less? Do you have another calculator for maintenance calories?

BMR is the calories your body needs to function. Completely different from maintenance.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

BMR is what you burn if you're in a coma. TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) is your BMR + calories burned via daily activities. This is based on your activity level.

Sedentary is 1.2 x BMR
    Lightly Active is 1.6 x BMR
    Highly Active is 2.1 x BMR

(these are approximations).
  • propskat
    Options
    Got it. Thanks! :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If not weight loss pills... any ideas or suggestions on methods? What is working for you? Details, people, Details!

Moderate calorie deficit and exercise. Searching for success through a pill or a shortcut is like searching for a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. You will never find it.
  • beckybernardo
    beckybernardo Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am on phentermine and it really does help me to not be hungry at all. Since my habit is overeating and not when I am hungry, it has helped, but I cant use it for long. Hoping to use it til my gastric bypass surgery