"New Rules of Lifting for Women"

Options
I am going to be starting the "New Rules of Lifting for Women" program next week. I am about half way done reading the book right now and am getting a little nervous. I have decided that every Sunday I will sit down and plan my whole weeks worth of meals so I can get everything from the store in one trip. I also will be upping my calorie goal and am really nervous about doing this. The first month of training I think I will do at home so I can get comfortable with weights before I cross from the land of cardio into weight ville at the gym. I will be taking before pictures on Sunday and am really hoping for some kick butt after pictures to post when I hit my goals. If anyone has done this program or made the transition from a mostly cardio routine to weights I would love some advice! Thanks!

Replies

• bcr1559
    bcr1559 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think I hear crickets chirping. Well , I guess I am just going to wing it.
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    Go for it! I've been toying with getting the book, but I want to lose a little more poundage before going on free weights. My hubs has built some weight equipment in the garage so I'll get him to coach me first before I venture over from machines to weightsville in the gym :) Let us know how it goes! :)
  • alaina216
    alaina216 Posts: 103
    Options
    No advice but I'll bump it for ya :)
  • slived
    slived Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My book just arrived today - I'll be reading it through the weekend and starting Monday as well. Would love to form a group! The reviews on Amazon.com were great, so I figured, why not?
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the book today. :)
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I just started this week. I stalled out doing mainly cardio. Lost 10-14 pounds and just got stuck losing and gaining the same 3 pounds. :explode: So I decided to try this. I know it's designed for people to build muscle, but with the calorie def and lifting heavy, I hope to lose more weight. I have a long way to go to be stalled already! :noway: I'm super sore today (did the first one Tues night) and as of this am I had gained 2 pounds. :sad: I know that's water weight so hopefully when it flushes, I'll be down some poundage. :bigsmile:
  • loranch
    loranch Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I tried a while ago to download this book to my ereader. Very interested to know how this works out for you. I've been doing more weights as well and have had a couple personal training sessions. It's definitly scary as I'm at a co-ed gym so I've had to venture into the area where its mostly men. I am liking it though. But I do still like cardio I've just shortened the amount of time.
  • Kidsrn23
    Kidsrn23 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I started out my life changes with lifting weights. I actually feel better when I lift followed by my cardio. I do weights 4 days a week and try to do cardio 5-7 days a week. If you start with weights at the gym they will usually give you a free day with a trainer so you know how to work the machines. Most every gym does this. Good luck.
  • sarah2002
    sarah2002 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Alaina, come join us over on the "New Rules of Lifting For Women (NROL4W)" group! There are tons of people who can answer your questions and give tips.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My book just arrived today - I'll be reading it through the weekend and starting Monday as well. Would love to form a group! The reviews on Amazon.com were great, so I figured, why not?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/2570-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women
  • bcr1559
    bcr1559 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/2570-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women

I joined the group! Thanks ladies :wink: