Yogurt and Oatmeal??

Options
GreenEyedDork
GreenEyedDork Posts: 42 Member
Anyone put the two together...
I thought it sounded good but I'm afraid to try it before knowing if it's good lol

Replies

• JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Maybe if the oatmeal was room temp.. I don't think I could stomach anything warmer than refrigerated yogurt!
    I think I'll stick to adding a bit of granola to my yogurt.. :tongue:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I will put the uncooked oatmeal into my yogurt. I like it that way. I haven't tried it cooked.
  • hellosteph11
    Options
    A parfait is actually oats on low-fat yogurt. You should try to add fruit too!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it would be pretty good.
  • ATK57
    ATK57 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Will have to try that! Sounds pretty good to be honest!
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Traditional meusli is essentially toasted oats with yogurt and fruit. YUM!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i LOVE yogurt (one fruit flavor ie raspberry) and whole grain oats (not instant kind) its amazing! im talking oatmeal that is NOT cooked. i love it.
    its so filling with a lot of calories (depending on which kind you get) so i can take it to school for lunch. i get some weird looks tho, pooring my bag of oatmel into a yogurt cup haha.
  • treatdream
    treatdream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My husband eats yogurt all the time with his cooked oatmeal and loves it. We also add partially cooked (nuked with water in the microwave for 30 sec) oatmeal to our smoothies that contain yogurt. I say, go for it! You'll probably like it.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    WOW! I can't believe none of you have heard of this before!!
    http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/6310/bircher+muesli
    It is very popular - I make it with rolled oats, yogurt and fruit.
    YUM!!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    If you're thinking about hot oatmeal with yogurt, it would probably be good. The yogurt would probably melt and give the oatmeal a creamy consistency (more creamy than if you used milk).
  • flhedinger
    Options
    I do that all the time -- I make my oatmeal with a little bit less water than called for (I really don't like runny oatmeal) and cook it in the microwave, then add yogurt and mix it all together. I love it, and it's a quick healthy breakfast!
  • raggedyangst
    Options
    I eat it every day: half a cup of Quick Oats nuked in the microwave for 2 mins, a tablespoon of ground flaxseed (veggie Omega3s), a generous squelching of sugarfree French vanilla syrup (Torani) and layer it all with plain Chobani Greek no-fat yogurt (100 cals for 6 oz). Add berries for extra nominess. I look forward to it every day and grieve it when it's gone. :)
  • nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I love refrigerated oatmeal....you put uncooked oats into greek yogurt and milk and w.e. else (see link for recipes) so filling and delicious.

http://www.theyummylife.com/blog/2012/03/293/Overnight,+No-Cook+Refrigerator+Oatmeal+--+A+healthy+breakfast+made+in+mason+jars+in+six+different+flavors!
  • jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Did it this morning! the best way I've found to do it is omit the water. Just mix the dry oatmeal with yogurt
  • walker001
    walker001 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I eat cooked oatmeal with yog and berries all the time. I warm the berries in the micro so they are warm as well. I use about 1/2 cup yogurt on top of the oatmeal and berries. SOOOOO Goooood

I also cut up a small apple or half of a big one and cut in little tiny pcs and mirco until they are soft about a min or two. I put a bit of water in bowl while nuking it with a bit of cinnomon.

I use this instead of berries. Do the same thing with 1/2 a big orange, nuke to make warm.

Oh yeah i use a little spenda on top as well or a tsp of brown sugar.

Yummy
  • treatdream
    treatdream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I do that all the time -- I make my oatmeal with a little bit less water than called for (I really don't like runny oatmeal) and cook it in the microwave, then add yogurt and mix it all together. I love it, and it's a quick healthy breakfast!

I also use less water than called for. I like fluffy oats. Have you ever tried soaking your oats overnight (in water with splash of apple cider vinegar)? You rinse them in the morning and cook them like you normally would. I've also just soaked them for a half hour or so if I forget the night before. I do this and it helps with keeping them fluffier. It is supposed to make them easier to digest and the nutrients are better absorbed by your body.
  • MaryBowen27
    MaryBowen27 Posts: 132
    Options
    I eat them both for breakfast! I did today and yesterday, but not mixed.
  • keegannati
    keegannati Posts: 114
    Options
    Yogurt + rolled oats + diced fruit + chocolate whey powder is the best breakfast ever.
  • pigeontoed86
    pigeontoed86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    We love overnight refrigerator oats! Before bed just mix ingredients and let sit in fridge overnight. 3 cups of old fashioned oats, 2 cups frozen mixed berries (or frozen peaches, mango cherries, ect..) 1/2 cup apple juice, and two 6oz containers of any flavor light yogurt. Stir and eat cold in the am, makes 4 servings :)