Starting the hCG diet

Options
I started the hCG Diet yesterday. I'm on my second day of loading and starting the 500 calorie diet tomorrow. I only want to lose 15 pounds. Just wondered if anyone else that was already relatively small had done this diet and had success. If you have before and after pics that would be great.

I lived a very healthy and active lifestyle and maintained 14 percent body fat and 115 pounds for years. A year and a half ago my husband and I moved from California to Texas. I was very depressed and started eating unhealthy and exercising less, so I put on 15 pounds. I've been trying for several months to lose it with very little success and I"m trying this because I felt like I needed motivation. I think it will help me relearn to eat clean foods and small portions.

Anyway, if anyone in a similar situation as me, who needed to lose a small amount of weight and did so on the hCG diet, let me know how it worked for you!

Replies

• indiepops
    indiepops Posts: 96
    Options
    hun hcg diet is not a good idea with only that much to lose, you'll lose muscle and do damage to your self. try something else xx
  • AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My dr doesn't even recommend HCG, and she gives the shots for those patients that are absolutely insistant on it. It's not good and not healthy. And you'll quickly gain it back.
  • ngarrett75
    ngarrett75 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Per wikipedia: "As of December 6, 2011 (2011 -12-06)[update], the FDA has prohibited the sale of "homeopathic" and OTC hCG diet products and declared them fraudulent and illegal.[4][5][6]"
  • busymommyx3
    busymommyx3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am not sure about the difference between losing alot or a little but I lost 38 pounds in 6 weeks. Gained it all back in a month and a half and then some and was MISERABLE the entire time I was on the diet! Worst experience of my life, I will never do it again however I do know someone who sweasr by it and think its the best thing ever, so that is just my experience.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Bad Idea. You'll gain ir right back after you stop, and then some because you'll have killed your metabolism!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Imo, it is just another of those quickfire solutions that generally do not last longterm.
    You are far better off eating in a way that you will sustain for life.
    You do not need the Hcg to relearn how to eat clean.
    Just start eating clean by your own initiative, eat other things in moderation, and have fun learning to find the balance that works for you.
    That would be my suggestion, anyway, but it is your body, your life.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Naivety = customer. Barnum & Bailey call them something else.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Don't do it, f you've only got 15lbs to lose go with a game plan that is healthy and sustainable. Eat a nutritious balanced diet with a modest caloric deficit and exercise. 500 cal diets are neither healthy nor sustainable - just a quick fix when it's not needed.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    =|
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in private Groups. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.
This discussion has been closed.