Hey everyone! New here :)

Options
I hope everyone is doing ok :)
I'm Ellen and I am a 31 year old divorced mother of a beautiful 6 year old little girl. I have been overweight all of my life, but I started gaining weight progressively faster once I got out of high school. And then when I got married at 22 it didn't stop. My ex-husband loved me being bigger and never encouraged me to try to maintain a healthy weight. Don't get me wrong, I am not by any means blaming him! I have researched for several years to have the gastric bypass done and was just told recently that the type of insurance I have will not pay for it because I have always been healthy, and had no major health problems (i.e. heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes) caused by my weight. My doctor pointed me here and told me to follow a 1200 calorie a day diet and the weight WOULD come off if I stick to it. So I am starting my journey to lose the weight on my own. As I look around here I see many people that are such an inspiration, and that reminds me that it CAN be done, if I just put my mind to it :)

Replies

• Blanche76
    Blanche76 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you can add me. We are all here to support one another, good luck!
  • missyprissy80
    Options
    Thank you so much and I sure will :D
  • melissa35knoxville
    Options
    I am new as well. I just joined about 30 min ago. I am looking for friends and inspiration if anyone would like to friend me. thanks
  • ProjFit
    ProjFit Posts: 143
    Options
    welcome! :) I am 21, trying to drop 90lbs, and always looking to add more MFP friends. There are tons of people here that are supportive and helpful. Best of luck to you, I know you can do it!
  • missyprissy80
    Options
    I added you :)
  • MarijetaFreak
    Options
    Hi everybody. My name is Marijeta, i'm 17 and I have 141 lbs.. I wanna have 121.. so I'm eating 1200 calories a day
    I'm kinda new (6 days, i think!) :]
    I love music, and I really wanna loose weight, cause I'm obsessed with being beautiful ..
    I had 132 lbs, but i got fat -.-
    I wanna be hot for summer and be skinny if possible
    If u know how to help me, you can add me, text me, I'm free to talk :D
  • vadc01
    vadc01 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I'm new - my name is Kelly. I want to lose 14-21 pounds, and am doing Turbo Fire and Brazil Butt lift to do so! it's nice to see so many new people joining! How is everyone?
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am also new to this and would like to meet others and share support :):happy:
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hi sweetie , you can add me also, I am the opposite been fit & healthy my whole life married for 24 years and have 3 son's .:smile:
  • Confident120409
    Confident120409 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight. I have set my ticker for 30 pounds at a time. So we will see how that goes. I added you
  • vadc01
    vadc01 Posts: 3
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing ok :)
    I'm Ellen and I am a 31 year old divorced mother of a beautiful 6 year old little girl. I have been overweight all of my life, but I started gaining weight progressively faster once I got out of high school. And then when I got married at 22 it didn't stop. My ex-husband loved me being bigger and never encouraged me to try to maintain a healthy weight. Don't get me wrong, I am not by any means blaming him! I have researched for several years to have the gastric bypass done and was just told recently that the type of insurance I have will not pay for it because I have always been healthy, and had no major health problems (i.e. heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes) caused by my weight. My doctor pointed me here and told me to follow a 1200 calorie a day diet and the weight WOULD come off if I stick to it. So I am starting my journey to lose the weight on my own. As I look around here I see many people that are such an inspiration, and that reminds me that it CAN be done, if I just put my mind to it :)
    Hi Ellen! Just taking this step shows you are determined to reach your goals! Wish you all the best!
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm still relatively new to MFP but I know the weight lost roller coaster very well. :frown:

Feel free to add me.
  • CShepherd91
    Options
    Hey! Welcomeee!

I'm 21, looking to lose around 50lbs (but I might re-evaluate that as I get closer to my goal weight with how I feel). I love the support system on here, and love new friends, so feel free to add me if you want! :D
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck with you journey. Feel free to add me (anyone)
    I am 27 and I have 14 pounds left to my goal. I love doing cardio and now starting strength training (yikes). I think i am supportive at least no one told me otherwise
  • Kirk_Daniels
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I hope you reach your goals.
  • jesuslovesme145
    Options
    Hey! You can add me, and "Welcome to the program!" hehe :)
  • crawr0620
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Christy and I'm new as well. I'm looking to lose 35 pounds.
    I love dancing and playing with my dogs.
    I pretty much walk everywhere now if it's in walking distance.
    I would love to be able to fit back into my bathing suit this summer!
  • ShawnaRaeDunn
    ShawnaRaeDunn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Ellen! My name is Shawna, I too am an over weight 31 yr old with a 3yo son. My Cal goal is actually 1350, but if I use a Cal calculator is shows it should be 1950. No way I can eat that much. well maybe if I was eating Carny food riding rides all day! Anyhow, I have learned that all people do not start their new life style the same. You have no one to prove yourself to but yourself. Set a goal you know that you can do as long as you push yourself to do it, and then increase. I have about 30 min of cardio and 10 minutes of weights in. Its a small start but even a small start is better than no start! Add me as a friend if you like and have fun!
  • pookieo
    pookieo Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I just joined and am targeting 22lbs over the next 6 weeks. Would love your support!!

Cheers
  • gettingitdone1
    gettingitdone1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think you have a SMART doctor I had a weight loss surgery not gastric bipass it was a sleeve gastrectomy but i still struggle to get to my goal weight. I suggest following the meal ideas of the South Beach diet I lost 47 lbs before my surgery and loved it but now that i had the surgery i am not allowed to eat several of those foods now so i have a whole new learning curve to overcome. Don't let this no to surgery get you down take it as a sign that it was not ment for you. You may even find more pleasure in doing it without the surgery. May god bless you in your journey!