Energy Drinks

Options
I am a huge fan of my energy drinks. I have at least one a day, today I had two. They are huge in calories and sugar I have figured out. Anyone have any suggestions on replacements for them? I don't necessarily drink them for energy all the time I like the taste (although with 3 little ones sometimes the energy is needed).

Replies

• shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Sugar free ones?
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Drink less?
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Every few days I'll have a Rockstar Xdurance or Rockstar Recovery - the zero carb/10 calorie ones
  • esteelewis
    esteelewis Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I drink Zip Fizz. I mix one tube with 1 liter of water and sip on it for a few hours.
  • JoeSzup
    JoeSzup Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I admit, I have a weakness for Bawls, Monster Nitrous and Red Bull. All of them, I like for the taste, not just the energy boost. I was drinking at least one a day before I started MFP, but over the course of the last 4-5 weeks, I drink one less each week. I'm down to 2 a week, usually the weekend mornings. I don't really have a replacement, I just drink more water.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I like 5 hour energy. Although it you drink 5 in one day, that would result in 25 hours of energy and that might be too much.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Rockstar Perfectberry 10 caloires. Taste like heaven.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Monster Zero I buy by the case
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    crystal light energy or something similar. You can mix it with more water to get your caffeine boost and increase your water intake. Split a packet between 2 water bottles or mix it in a nalgene bottle.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'll have a Sugar Free Red Bull every now and then. 5 Hour Energy is good too.

Of course, drinking energy drinks should be limited, blah blah blah.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I've never had an energy drink, so I'm not sure what they taste like, but...

Do you like lemon? I really like lemon water when I need flavor. :)

If you don't like that suggestion, have you tried Mio in your water? They make a lot of flavors! I'm sure one would work for your palate. :) I've only tried the purple one so far.
  • merie08
    merie08 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I worry that I drink too many energy drinks too sometimes. I love coffee too so I drink the Monster Java energy+coffee drinks. I usually try to stick with their low calorie light vanilla flavor which is 100 calories a can. I have to admit that energy drinks are very addictive for me but if I am gonna drink one I always go for the lower sugar or calorie option.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Low-calorie ones. Some suck, some don't. Monster Lo-Carb and Monster Absolute Zero taste pretty good.
  • mybettyboop43
    Options
    Go Girl Energy Drink (in the pink can). It's my favorite:smile:
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    The new Starbucks Refreshers are made with stevia and green coffee bean extract, 60 calories a can. I love them!

(I am a Red Bull addict too)
  • kendrart
    kendrart Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Second time I'm posting about this today haha! But it's true:

Natural coconut water is packed with electroylytes, and there was an article in Whole Living talking about how some athletes are switching to coconut water from things like gatorade. It might sound weird, but it also might give you the boost you need - in a super healthy way. I'd give it a try!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Nothing can replace my morning sugar free NOS fix. No soda or flavored drink. It's like a ritual. I only drink them on work days though to give me a boost. I don't really care for them on my off days because I can sleep instead :p Sugar free is the way to go if you're worried about calories and there are TONS of flavors that don't taste like "diet." Try experimenting with a few juice flavors. Monster alone has 30+ flavors so have at it.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    One or two coffees a day, maybe with sugar for energy and then WATER. Ya gotta kick the energy drink habit!
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I love Mt.Dew Amp Traction (The grape) but that stuff messed me heart up something solid.
    The sugar free versions taste really odd.
  • XoSaraoX
    XoSaraoX Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Rockstar Perfectberry 10 caloires. Taste like heaven.

THIS <3 this stuff