post gym food..

Options
hi. I go to the gym every weekday before work and burn off between 300-500 cals. Any ideas for a filling post work out snack, low cal as poss, at the minute i am having a fruit bag whilst driving to work and i dont have my lunch till 2pm, which i am quite hungry by then, thanks in advance for any ideas.xx

Replies

• afj89
    afj89 Posts: 17
    Options
    Well ideally you need some protein and a little bit of carbs, so a nice glass of low-fat milk should do the trick :)
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Yesterdays post workout snack was four eggs, three strips of Bacon, one cup of orange juice, one cup of milk, and three pieces of toast. It was moderately filling and only around 1,100 calories.

Today I'm having stuffed crust pizza and beer, estimated around 1,600 calories. Hopefully it will be more filling than yesterday.
  • miss_september
    Options
    Maybe some low-fat or non-fat yogurt and a banana? I know many people (myself included) aren't really into greek yogurt, but I started buying Fage 0% fat and putting fruit in it. It is a very satisfying/filling snack for me, and has the protein for post-workout, and if you add fruit you will get carbs too =-). I like bananas, strawberries and blueberries in mine--sometimes in combination, sometimes not. Since I don't add a sweetener I tend to put cinnamon in it too--it really gives it a nice flavor for me. Warning though, if you don't like sour cream you will want to add a sweetener. My sister uses honey or maple syrup.