New to MFP and looking for lady friends!! =)

Options
Hello all!!!

I just started MFP yesterday and excited/nervous about the beginning of my weightloss journey!! I'm a 24yr old college student and work a full time sedantary job at a bank!! :ohwell: Though I love my job....I know it doesn't help me in my current lifestyle.

I've made all the excuses and finally came to a breaking point where I am just fed up with them! I'm at my highest weight of 232.5lbs (wow was that hard to type!! :noway: ) and ready to get back into a healthier lifestyle!

Looking for ladies on MFP to motivate, support, swap tips and recipes, and to all around just have fun along our journey!!!

EXCITED and looking forward to some new friends!!!

Replies

• Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hey Lisa,

Welcome to MFP!

x
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I was about the same weight (over 200) and when I was 18 or 19. I decided to lose all the extra weight to finally be a healthy size. I've kept it off for a long, long time now. So I know you can do it!! MFP is a great site, very helpful. Good luck in your journey :)
  • Labriska
    Labriska Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    hey welcome to MFP feel free to add me
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa...welcome to MFP, feel free to add me as a friend if you like! Good luck!!
  • yardiechick1276
    Options
    you can add me :0)
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I totally understand . . . I was there 1 year ago. I'm always looking for more support. Feel free to add me!
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa - you have taken the first big step on your journey to a healthier lighter you ... congratulations! I wish you every success. You can add me if you would like to :smile:
  • dyellz
    dyellz Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me:)
  • Niagarasailor
    Niagarasailor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lisa! We are somewhat similar in age/weight! I will add you. :)
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome! You're in the right place. Feel free to friend me - you can read my profile for details! Best of luck!
  • sunshinelady512
    sunshinelady512 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, Lisa.

I know what you mean. I was on the high side of average when I was in high school and then, determined not to gain "the freshman 15" I lost weight in college and was slim (some said, too skinny). I went up and down for a couple years after college, but was never more than the high side of average until after I got married at 28. Now I'm 37 and need to LOSE about 150 pounds! Yikes! I work a sedentary job, too, so it's not easy to lose weight, but I'm determined to do it!

Add me as a friend, if you like, and we can help encourage each other. :happy:

Eileen
  • brittnicole88
    brittnicole88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not sure what my starting weight was because I stopped weighing myself when I reached 199. I know I was into the 200's when I started. I got all the way down to 138 with MFP and now I'm back to 155 but I'm dead set on losing this weight and getting to my goal weight of 120. Anyone feel free to add me!!
  • taahine01
    taahine01 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey Lisa, feel free to add me..
  • KrystalCoralea83
    KrystalCoralea83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I have used MFP off and on for a while, but just recently went full swing with it. I will send you an add. Good luck!!
  • katoato
    katoato Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie as well :) I wish you luck! It seems to be a great community here! :smile:
  • deanna_rosenbaum
    Options
    Hey Lisa

Congrats on your decision to lose weight & MFP Is a healthy safe way to go. Congrats! Happy to be your friend. I'm 217 at 5,1" and back on the wagon as they say. Let's kick this weight for good!!!
  • dhconsford
    Options
    feel free to add me. I started in Jan at 232. Last weigh in was 216.6. Did not join MFP till sometime in March. It sure makes a difference. Welcome and enjoy your stay. :)
  • tinaslosingit
    tinaslosingit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    hey lisa and welcome! i just requested you! you are making a commitment to change and that is a step in the right direction! you will get alot of support on here. good luck!
  • sbkelly9
    sbkelly9 Posts: 21
    Options
    welcome!!! i am also a college student. feel free to add me :)
  • mss_scorpio
    Options
    Hi Lisa Congrats on taking the first steps :-) feel free to add me