Has anyone who is heavier )250+) done INSANITY?

Options
crysy1
crysy1 Posts: 35 Member
hi posted this on the fitness board and havnt gotten much feedback so ill try it here.

Has anyone who is on the heavier side completed the insanity program? if so how were your results? pics?

my hubby and i are going to do it but i wondered how it went over with those who have more to love! :)

thanks!

Replies

• Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Insanity is brutal, but anything is possible if you modify!
  • JessicaW0204
    Options
    Make sure you buy knee supports, it is alot of jumping and such and the heavier you are the harder it will be on your knees, other than that go for it!
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm not one to be considered with "more to love":wink: however I did do three rounds of Insanity last year and lost 25 lbs.
    I'm curious to know if you have done any other homework outs or if this is going to be your first? The reason i ask is because Insanity is considered to be for people who are a little more advanced in their fitness level. If you start out with Insanity, you may get discouraged and I would hate to see that happen to you. I would recommend starting off with something easier, just my opinion though, do what's right for you,

Diana
  • melbellkid
    Options
    I am around 180 and I borrow it occasionally from a friend-It is definately a kick butt workout! You can definatley do it-Shawn T is always saying to push yourself, but don't do anything so it hurts yourself. He even makes the people in the video take breaks if their form is getting bad because they are tired-just go at your own pace and you will notice it will get easier and you can work your way up as you go-one of my close friends just completed the 60 days and she is stick skinny in the first place, but now she has really good muscle tone and is so much stronger. You can do this!
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    When I do programs I go at my own pace. Like the Insanity infomercial says, " Just give it your 100%".
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don't do Insanity but he has another set of video call Mark ,Move, and Groove by Shawn T. also. And that's how I lost the 29lbs. And I am over 250 I do it 4-5 days a week and someday it's 3-4 but mostly 4-5. I would like to do insanity but in time.:tongue::wink:
  • crysy1
    Options
    ive been doing zumba and a boot camp type fitness routine. not every day. but i do them...
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Insanity can be easily modified. It is extremely high impact which is why I don't do it everyday. There is a lot of jumping and kicking. It took me a few tries to be able to do the videos and even now I can't do all of the pushups. I'm at a normal weight and I would say above normal fitness level. Just thought you'd like to know my opinion of them. I have other Beachbody workouts and they are all great. Good luck!
  • ProjFit
    ProjFit Posts: 143
    Options
    I am not 250+ but I have done/am doing insanity. Its brutal. I weigh 215lbs. Ive done insanity, slim in 6 and p90x. They are possible, and I highly recommend them.
  • crysy1
    Options
    thanks everyone for your feedback! i have been watching the videos to get a feel for them and like on poster said that stuff can be modified. and in the videos he flat out says it doesnt matter how much you can do as long as you do it right and its all about improvement...so if i can only do 1 or 2 of things when i start...if i can do 15 by the end of it then i have improved. so i guess i give it a shot.. do what i can and see what happens.

i will never know if it can work for me if i dont try it huh?
    i will keep everyone posted i guess! lol.
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    ive been doing zumba and a boot camp type fitness routine. not every day. but i do them...

Then I would go for it! Like others have stated, you can always modify.

Good Luck to you!!
  • DOB13
    DOB13 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm Doing p 90x now on day 14 was 255 down to about 243. Yoga I now skip as I do not have the balance. The trick to the workouts is to take breaks in the initial week and get by the soreness with advil. Eat well and track your cals. go at your own pace and pick up thoughout the video and go to the end each day. Go slower than the video and feel good about it! Your doing more now than before you started the program. I have never done insanity, but you will feel stronger after a week and half. Do it right after work
  • macmickat
    Options
    I just finished insanity round one. I am only a couple hairs under250.
    It was awesome, the jumping not so much. Even being very heavy I have never had knee problems.
    Now they are aching like crazy.
    Wish I had seen the post before hand about the knee support. Its weird because it's not really my knees its right above them. Anywhoo,i didn't lose a single pound. In fact I gained,muscle though because I lost eight inches.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!