I just ran .6 miles

Options
snelfk
snelfk Posts: 151 Member
Ok, not really a lot, and had to do it in 2 sections, but I haven't ran for probably 35 years. Decided that the walking I was doing needed to be bumped up a bit. So, I asked my HS daughter - who is on the track team to "teach" me how to run. Much to both our surprises, I made it around our block twice!! So, now I'll ride my bike the usual 15 mile twice a week, then on the other 2 days add the running with the 3 miles I walk. Hopefully, this will keep my body on it's toes and burning the unwanted fat...

Replies

• snelfk
    Options
    Ok, not really a lot, and had to do it in 2 sections, but I haven't ran for probably 35 years. Decided that the walking I was doing needed to be bumped up a bit. So, I asked my HS daughter - who is on the track team to "teach" me how to run. Much to both our surprises, I made it around our block twice!! So, now I'll ride my bike the usual 15 mile twice a week, then on the other 2 days add the running with the 3 miles I walk. Hopefully, this will keep my body on it's toes and burning the unwanted fat...
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    good job:drinker: :drinker:
  • jvball21
    jvball21 Posts: 33
    Options
    That's a good start. Longer distances will come soon enough if you keep it up. Get your self a good pair of running shoes so you don't get injured or discouraged before you even start.
  • snelfk
    Options
    Thanks, have the good running shoes already, bought them for walking when my track daughters were getting theirs - after riding my bike, the only sore area is my lungs...
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Oh good for you! and you'll get used to that too!! my lungs always hurt the first day if I haven't ran in awhiile...but it will get easier...how cool for you and something to do w/ your daughters!
    hugs!
    Ali
  • boxergirl2008
    Options
    Yeah! Great job!

I couldn't even jog for 2 mins when I started! Do it in minutes. Like jog for 5 mins, walk for 1 and keep it up for as long as you can. Your body will learn to recoup in that one minute and you can run a little harder and steadier during the 5, eventually you will be running 3mile easy!
  • Rachel89
    Rachel89 Posts: 68
    Options
    GREAT WORK!!!
  • tekrueger
    tekrueger Posts: 85
    Options
    Sound great! :happy:
    Yah, just do the run and walk, take it easy, and you'll be running all the time in no time! :wink:
    Thomas