What really happens when the scale doesn't move!!!

Sorry, if you already saw this, but I think I put it on the wrong thread to begin with. I don't know how to delete it.

Well, I have been In a plateau coming up on two months. Actually, that's a fib, I'm down a whole pound since Mar 19 lol!!!!! Not much by most peoples expectations particularly because I am still in the obese category. Normally I would be discouraged but I just kept plugging along and when I took my measurements on the 16th this is what I got:

Waist (smallest part) - loss of 4 inches
Waist (biggest part including my love handles and baby poochie) - loss of 1 inch
Hips - loss of 1 1/2 inch
Bust - loss of 3 inches:sad: :sad:
Thigh - loss of 1 inch
Calf - loss of 1 1/2 inches
Bicep - loss of 1/2 inch

For a grand total of 12 1/2 inches in just over two months

It's definitely about the numbers.....just not necessarily the ones on the scale. So don't give up, and take those measurements. I'm doing it again on May 14 - can't wait. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Thanks for this. Will definitely start measuring myself now.
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    That is a really good point. The number on the scale is great but the focus should be on the inches lost because that is what will feel the best. How do you make sure you measure yourself at the same spots every time?!
  • Plump2Pump
    Plump2Pump Posts: 25 Member
    Yea I've replaced my scale with my measuring tape. Which reminds me, I need to change my sig. To hell with you, scale!
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Same thing happened to me! But only 4 1/2 inches total in a month!! Gives that little kick to keep doing what we are doing!! When I tell people my weight they don't believe me that I could weight that much. Muscle!!
  • bambiemd
    bambiemd Posts: 14
    It is very important to measure and to take fat %!!! The weight isn't only about fat people!
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    That is a really good point. The number on the scale is great but the focus should be on the inches lost because that is what will feel the best. How do you make sure you measure yourself at the same spots every time?!

When I was searching around I found it on the beachbody (power 90) site. You can sign up for free membership and go through a tutorial that shows you where and how. It's quite simple. There was also a fitness test which I printed off and I plan to do and compare myself with later. I wish I had taken my measurements before I had already lost 60 lbs! Good Luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!