No scale

Options
Junisahn
Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
Hi,

A year or so after I had my daughter, I came here and lost all my baby weight - which was quite a lot because I'm one of those people who uses pregnancy as an excuse to pig out. I got down to my pre-pregnancy weight and found out 2 weeks later that I was pregnant again!

So, here I am, 1 month postpartum and wanting to lose the weight again. This time around, I have a little more to lose - 24 lbs. I can't start doing much for another month (want to establish my breastmilk supply AND get clearance for exercising from my doctor since I had a c-section), but am starting to get my mind into the idea. I plan to do the same thing I did last time - a crazy amount of exercise - primarily jogging and weight lifting (my favorite!!) and portion control. I am not one to cut out the ice cream or wine... I'd jog any amount of time to have my wine and ice cream.

I refuse to buy a scale. Last time I was losing weight, I had a day when I looked in the mirror and felt great about my body, only to step on the scale and get really sad, mad and frustrated with the number. It depressed me so much that I gave my scale to goodwill that day and have not weighed myself regularly since (just at the doctor).

Wonder if it's possible to stay motivated losing weight with no scale...

Replies

• coombsy87
    coombsy87 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I hope so! I too have thrown my scales away! I am currently going by measurements. I will probably continue to weigh myself at gym or docs maybe once a month, but like you I used to get so down and upset about what the stupid scales say! It should be about how you feel not some number.

Good luck :) x
  • jaimielee317
    Options
    I have a scale but I dont step on it for the same reason! i was feeling great everyone was telling me i looked thinner got on the scale and got depressed lol