So I think I need a cheat day/maintenance week..

Options
OK, So I've been eating 1000k under maintenance for almost two months now.......think its time to mix it up....thoughts? Its been over two days since I have lost weight so i must not be eating enough. This 1k under TDEE is just so restrictive.....no room for treats....

I heard on Dr. Oz you should take a break every so often so maybe this should be it?

Replies

• MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Yes, you TOTALLY need a break. You deserve it, you've been going hard. And you need to take raspberry ketones every day. And do not eat ANY sugar while you are on your break - that means NO CARBS. They are evil and do bad things to your body. I mean, the insulin fairy will visit you at night and leave you fat pockets. Ugh. :wink:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    With that big a deficit for that long I would eat at maintenance for 2 weeks. A single cheat day isn't going to do much outside of possible cause you to drop some water weight from increased cortisol.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Its been over two days since I have lost weight so i must not be eating enough.

This is the line that concerns me. You're way too focused on the scale. And for all you know, your body is retaining water, muscle is being added, both, etc.

Not sure what plan you're doing, but if you're a guy and active at all, 1k or less for more than a short period can't be that healthy.

Back to the main topic, yes, mixing things up (diet, workout, etc) is good. Your body is extremely intelligent and will quickly adjust to your patterns. Personally, I think you should weigh yourself every 2-4 weeks and revise your "pattern" every 4 weeks (6 tops).
  • Marysworld2
    Options
    Your so bad ;o) Lol!
  • Marysworld2
    Options
    OK, So I've been eating 1000k under maintenance for almost two months now.......think its time to mix it up....thoughts? Its been over two days since I have lost weight so i must not be eating enough. This 1k under TDEE is just so restrictive.....no room for treats....

I heard on Dr. Oz you should take a break every so often so maybe this should be it?

You are to funny!!! LOL!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    This 2200 - 2700 Cals a day is killing me. 3200-3700 sounds better.....
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    Yes, you TOTALLY need a break. You deserve it, you've been going hard. And you need to take raspberry ketones every day. And do not eat ANY sugar while you are on your break - that means NO CARBS. They are evil and do bad things to your body. I mean, the insulin fairy will visit you at night and leave you fat pockets. Ugh. :wink:

I like this....I heard the kiwiberry keytones are even better though?
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Its been over two days since I have lost weight so i must not be eating enough.

This is the line that concerns me. You're way too focused on the scale. And for all you know, your body is retaining water, muscle is being added, both, etc.

Not sure what plan you're doing, but if you're a guy and active at all, 1k or less for more than a short period can't be that healthy.

Back to the main topic, yes, mixing things up (diet, workout, etc) is good. Your body is extremely intelligent and will quickly adjust to your patterns. Personally, I think you should weigh yourself every 2-4 weeks and revise your "pattern" every 4 weeks (6 tops).

^ This. :drinker:
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I've taken breaks as well- a day or a few days, and up to two weeks. I didn't feel as good physically during those times because I probably ate too much junk, but I really think it helped. I'm not sure I would have lasted this long without the mental break. That's what it was for me more than anything.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    Should I give it another day or two before reacting? And it's not just the scale.....I haven't lost any inches the last two days either...