Late Night Snacking

Options
Having trouble not snacking before bed. Does anyone have any good tips??

Replies

• Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Meee!!! i get so HONGRAY some times.

Options i use that work...MOST of the time :

Save some calories for bed time snacks
    Drink an entire glass of water
    Eat a tbsp of peanut butter and half an apple
    High fiber/protein bar
    Celery
    Low fat cottage cheese ( check for sodium!!)
    Protein shake with Almond milk
    String cheese
    Sucking on a lemon ( strangely reduced my appetite!)
    Sucking on a cough drop ( made me go " eew" then i didnt want to eat anything after!)

Hope this helps? if not you may need to add an extra 100 cals to your day... or work out more and eat a few more cals back?
  • giantruss
    giantruss Posts: 100
    Options
    i eat, when i am hungry before bed, if i have calories left., as others have recommended on here ( some with major weight loss)

it has not stopped any of my weight loss.

and i hate going to sleep hungry, especially after some serious excercise during the day.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I snack every night. I make sure I get to the gym so that I have the room. generally eat 400-500 calories right about 1 a.m.
  • michele121212
    michele121212 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I once heard Oprah say if she eats even a grape after 8pm she won't lose weight that day. The last 3 days I've stayed within my calories but eaten some after 8pm and sure enough the scale hasn't budged. I'm glad to hear it doesn't seem to be hurting you all though. Will definitely try some of your tips!
  • DsAdvocate
    DsAdvocate Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Recently I've tried snacking on frozen grapes. I eat them so slowly that they last me quite a while.
  • jkay123
    jkay123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Do something with your hands. If I'm watching television and doing nothing else, then I really want to snack. I knit in the evenings instead, and that keeps me occupied so that I don't think so much about eating.
  • brandiemhgc
    Options
    Frozen blueberries, with plain ff yogurt is yummy. I try to eat as little as I can before bed. Crispix cereal usually works for me because i satisfies the "crunch" if I eat it dry.
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    I typically eat a lot of my calories later at night. I have two dinners almost everyday and then usually a snack after that. But I go to the gym for around an hour and a half until they close so I end up being starving afterwards and I have to. I just try to make sure that I keep my three other meals healthy which make them pretty low in calories. Same with my other snacks, though I usually have a couple cheat things everyday (right now it's leftover Easter candy). I tend to eat every 2-3 hours and still struggle to get my intake around 1,500. So just make sure that your eating mostly healthy things and that way you'll have plenty of room to have some healthy snacks at night :)

Feel free to add me, I need some people to talk to!
  • embclark
    embclark Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Around lunch time I put my late snack in so that I make sure that I have the right calories... And this way I also know what I'll be eating a good snack and not picking something up that isn't good for me. I usually have a serving of dried apricots and a gluten free chocolate chip cookie. About 250 calories, but it fills me and I make it through the night!
  • sweetbaker77
    Options
    If I brush my teeth it usually signals my brain to know I'm done.