No calories burned for strength training???

Options
New to MFP and been logging all of my cardio exercises no problem...however, tonight added my weight/strength training and noticed no calorie's burned were calculated? Do these not count towards my daily goal? I am hoping this is not the case.

Replies

• 2wiceOver
    2wiceOver Posts: 38
    Options
    Nope... They don't count it to your daily calories. Mostly just for tracking.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I noticed that too, does anyone know why. I mean it obviously burned cals!
  • cargal62
    cargal62 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I log my strength training under cardio, if you search for strength training, you input the time and you get calories burned.
  • Joneses17
    Joneses17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You can log calories if you search for "strength training" under cardio. I wear a HRM to determine the best burn because as I'm sure you all have noticed MFP numbers are significantly higher for more people than what they actually burn. Good luck.
  • FitnessDivaK
    Options
    Log it under cardio as strength training. I only use the larger strength training category if I want to keep track of how many reps and what particular exercises I did each day.
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Wear a HRM and log it as cardio to get the "credit for calories burned," then log the strength training exercises as just a way to track what you do. I think MFP does it that way since there's so many variables in weight lifting (reps, weight, etc.). I sometimes just keep my HRM going after I do my cardio and jump right into lifting. Then I log it as a personal unique entry like, running and strength, or elliptical and strength.