Baked Oatmeal

Options
scrapmommy73
scrapmommy73 Posts: 7 Member
Can someone please post a good recipe for baked oatmeal - either in a crock pot or the oven. Thanks much :-)

Replies

• melj6807
    melj6807 Posts: 34
    Options
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/baked-oatmeal-10000000549848/

This is a cooking light recipe. I make a batch on mondays and portion it for the week. I make mine with craisins and pecans (it increases the calories by 14 per serving) because I cannot have walnuts and I don't like raisins. I am sure you could make it with fresh fruit too, that would probably be pretty tasty. Enjoy!
  • scrapmommy73
    scrapmommy73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thank you :)
  • spiral82
    spiral82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My goodness, that looks tasty. Saved.
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I made the cooking light one, too. I used dates. It is good. I kept it in the fridge and it was good cold, too. The only thing is cutting it in squares seems to make it look smaller than a bowl of oatmeal. I actually had to be careful to not serve myself too many servings. lol Not to mention that the recipe supposedly makes 5 servings, cutting a square pan into 5 is not very practical. This is also one of those recipes that I calculated by hand and my calculations were higher in calories than what is listed. Just something to be aware of. I guess with recipes there are things like brands of flour, etc. that can change your values.
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Check out emilybites.com for a yummy peach and blueberry baked oatmeal
  • goffmc
    goffmc Posts: 3
    Options
    Looks good!