Back Fat

Options
I've lost 30 lbs since Jan 2nd but I haven't noticed my "back fat" or "back boobs" shrinking! UGH! Any suggestions on how to get rid of it??? HELP!

Replies

• inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too. I think we just have to lower our body fat percentage... it'll probably be the last place we lose fat. :(
  • MizKittyKat
    MizKittyKat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yes you have to lose more fat but in the meantime do some exercise that target your whole back
  • RobbieKCPhT
    RobbieKCPhT Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    yes you have to lose more fat but in the meantime do some exercise that target your whole back

Exercises like??? I don't know anything about working out...I need help! :)
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Lose weight. There's not much else you can do about it.
  • kerriberry74
    kerriberry74 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Do you belong to a gym? If yes, then someone there would be able to get you moving in the right direction. There is also either yoga or pilates that could help you out if you're able to take a class. You can go online and search for back strengthening exercises, but as lot of them are yoga/pilates moves if you could do a class, you'd be sure you're doing things with the correct form & getting modifications if necessary to keep from getting hurt. Just throwing out a few possibilities here. You're doing a great job so far... keep it up :smile:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yeah unfortunately you cant spot reduce. fat comes off from all over, so just continue to do what you're doing for weight loss and eventually those areas will shrink.
  • BlooQKazoo
    Options
    I had the same problem, but one day, I looked in the mirror and realized that they were almost gone! I hadn't seen a difference for several months, but suddenly, miracle of miracles! I heard that you lose weight in the same way you put it on, so if your back is one of the first places you started storing fat, you might have to wait until you're closer to your goal weight. I'm hoping that happens with my belly/underarm fat. :P Good luck!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, but one day, I looked in the mirror and realized that they were almost gone! I hadn't seen a difference for several months, but suddenly, miracle of miracles! I heard that you lose weight in the same way you put it on, so if your back is one of the first places you started storing fat, you might have to wait until you're closer to your goal weight. I'm hoping that happens with my belly/underarm fat. :P Good luck!

yeah that's how it's working for me. the last places i put it on are the first places it's coming off from. so i've lost a lot of belly and midsection flab, back flab, but these thighs. :cry: