Low Carb Tortilla

Options
Found a great tortilla at Trader Joes!!! Thought I would share with my pals, Trader Jos'es Reduced Carb Whole
Wheat Flour tortillas in the fridge section.. Had it with my tuna instead of bread 45 calories MY NEW FAV :)

Replies

• cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    great thanks for the tip
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I like Tumaro's brand. Low carb, many flavors. NOT all flavors are low carb or multi-grain though. But their garden vegetable, multi-grain and salsa varieties are low carb, 60 calories or less, carbs about 10-11 and under and these are the only 3 I buy.
    Very tasty.

They can be hard to find and I am not sure what chains sell them. We don't have Trader Joe here.
  • jnamcelwain
    jnamcelwain Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome:)))
  • jnamcelwain
    Options
    Gonna have to see if they carry that brand and try them!! Thanks :)
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Love those wraps! been using those for a long time!!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Wow, I found low Carb ones at the Grocery store and they were 100 calories. So, I must go to Trader Joes. Awesome tip. Thanks :drinker:
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    We don't have a Trader Joe's in my state, Colorado...but I think they are coming soon.
    Anyway, I found a low-carb tortilla at the grocery store King Soopers/Kroger's. It's La Tortilla Factory, and the net carbs is only 3. You can get a herb-garlic whole wheat for 4 net carbs.
    Really yummy!
    Has anyone tried those Shirtaka noodles that are good substitutes for pasta? They are supposed to have very low or no carbs?
  • jnamcelwain
    Options
    Haven't tried the noodles yet but gonna pick some up. I seen them at my Lowes Foods grocery, they
    look a little weird.
  • scrapmommy73
    scrapmommy73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried Shiratake noodles, but they are suppose to be good. Has anyone tried them - and how do you make them?
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Found a great tortilla at Trader Joes!!! Thought I would share with my pals, Trader Jos'es Reduced Carb Whole
    Wheat Flour tortillas in the fridge section.. Had it with my tuna instead of bread 45 calories MY NEW FAV :)
    Thanks for the heads up, I've never checked over in the cold section for Tortillas, only the regular bread section. What's the sodium count on them if you have your pkg. still around?

I find the low carb ones seem to get crazy on the sodium, hopefully this will be the exception.:drinker:
  • suzgyo
    suzgyo Posts: 29
    Options
    Bump
  • dasblondie
    dasblondie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i tried the noodles... they have a strange texture...not totally horrible but not really enjoyable either....the tips i read is to try the angel hair noodles...they are a little better than the thicker noodles...i have only had then 1 time...i may try them again...just to give it another go
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Mama Lupe makes tortillas, 7 carbs.

Joseph's Lavash flat bread - 11 carbs (but that's for two servings)

I hate those noodle thingies. they are slimey.
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I can definitely live without those noodles!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Love those trader joe wraps and they have a good flavor also. Great low calorie wrap!
  • missigus
    missigus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have tried the noodles. I didn't like them a whole lot. They have a chewyness to them. I had made them into a chicken noodle soup. It was tolerable, but I just use the barilla high fiber noodles instead now. They taste WAY better.
  • Tainers
    Tainers Posts: 21
    Options
    I tried kelp noodles...pretty good as long as you boil them first...no carbs and 6 calories.....in the vegan fridge section of the grocery....la tortilla factory is sold at Costco
  • zybbed
    zybbed Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I couldn't seem to get past the weird texture of them. It's not like they taste bad because they will absorb whatever sauce you put on them but they are just chewy and strange LOL. I was put off at first by the "fish" smell when you open the bag, but when you follow the directions there is no "fish" taste.
  • jnamcelwain
    Options
    Sodium 130 mg
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Those aren't really the positive reviews on the noodles that I was hoping for :) I guess I won't go out of my way to find them. Thanks!