First time intro

Options
Hello all.

I'm a 48 year old male (this sounds like the start to a post on a dating web site), married and new to MFP.

I started using it on April 10th after a friend told me about LoseIt! and then another friend mentioned MFP app.

Since then, I've been tracking pretty much everything I eat (including the 3 dirty martinis I had on Sunday in Las Vegas - :-) )

Weight wise, I don't gain or lose much. I used to be 160 back in 2002, but am now at 180, with some dips into 178 some days. I've never been more than 185, but don't like that my chin and belly found some of those 20 lbs in the last 10 years.

Love the gym, but didn't go for a couple of years after Bally's shut down here in Salt Lake. I joined Planet Fitness 16 weeks ago and have been going ever since. Treadmill, calisthenics, jumping jacks, stretching and some minor weight lifting (dumbells).

My main motivation is to get my cardio up and keep it up and to lose the chin and belly fat. Now that I'm more conscious about what I eat (I've never calorie counted in my life), I'm hoping to drop at least 10 lbs and keep it there for life.

Hoping to make this work as I want to be healthy and fit.

Replies

• erritay
    erritay Posts: 2
    Options
    Welcome Marty.
    I have been at this for 3 weeks now and I love the website. Tracking my calories really helps me keep on the path to a more leaner and healthier me.
    I started a weight loss challenge with about 25 co-workers and we try to encourage each other. I was told about this website from one of them.
    I have more to lose than you but I have lost 10 lbs so far and feel much better already. I'm kinda proud of myself - so is my husband. I hope he is encouraged to get started too.

Welcome again and best of luck in your weight loss journey. Take care, Terri