Body build/ Body frame question

amicklin
amicklin Posts: 452
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Mon 08/31/09 06:41 AMhttp://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/fsz

All of the different body build formulas I find seem to only take into account the upper body. Should you not look at hips and knees as well to get a more accurate idea of someones frame or build? I believe I have a small upper half but would be floored if I had anything other than a medium build for my bottom half (wide hips and wide knees).

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are!

Thanks everybody :bigsmile:

Replies

• I agree, all my weight is in my thighs and booty. Try getting a measurement from your local gym. They will measure the fat on your body by doing this pinch test (I don't know what it is called). It will give you a better idea of where you are.
  • MrsGrace
    MrsGrace Posts: 13
    Body fat testing. You can buy a body-fat tester online from Amazon.com or hit a local fitness store like Big 5 or Sports Authority.

Make sure you get a hand held version and you don't test your body fat right after you exercise. Do it first thing in the morning after you hit the scale.

Or you can get some fat-testing calipers cheap and do the "pinch" test yourself. Also sold at the above mentioned stores.

Good luck!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.